DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop signal processing software including filtering, analysis, synthesis, modulation, and demodulation of analog signals.
- Collaborate with domain experts developing applications used in test and simulation of communication systems.
- Perform software requirements analysis, design, development, and test of software for product development.
- Apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the software development life cycle to support the creation and innovation of technical engineering products.
- Contact with both local and remote teams including remote employees and contractors
- Works under general supervision
- Contact with project leaders, management, production, sales, and customers in a flat organization
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent experience. Master’s level degree is preferred.
- 5 years of development experience using C or C++.
- 5 years of experience working with radio communication waveforms.
- Experience with VHDL and/or Verilog.
- Familiarity with electrical test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, and spectrum analyzers a must.
POSITION REQUIREMENTSREQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Familiarity with engineering development tools and practices
- Frequent use of technical standards, software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Keeps abreast of technology trends
- Working knowledge of tools and concepts used by the organization such as Integrated Development Environments (IDE), version control, and defect reporting and tracking tools
- Able to understand and adhere to company policies and practices
- Proficiency with standard business software tools, such as Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.