At Esri, our solution engineer team leads are part of a highly-skilled technical team that promotes and sells the adoption of the ArcGIS platform in partnership with account managers and other colleagues. We invite you to use your coaching and team-building skills as well as your experience with geospatial technology to become an integral part of the team, with a focus on a variety of industries. We’re looking for individuals who inspire and motivate others and who enjoy implementing strategies that will radically improve the challenges businesses face. You’ll lead a team that helps provide customers the right solutions that take advantage of geoanalysis to find unique patterns, trends, and hidden solutions within complex business problems.
- Empower your team. Manage the technical activities of your team by working with account and sales managers to strategically lead all technical stages of the sales process. Mentor your team through active coaching, clear direction, and regular feedback. Cultivate a virtual team of solution engineers, strategic partners, and cross-divisional resources to support your team’s sales objectives and generate results.
- Build relationships. Prospect, develop, and implement location strategies for your own portfolio of clients to help cultivate deeper relationships with them. Maintain a healthy pipeline of business growth opportunities. Leverage social media to build your professional network. Participate in trade shows, workshops, seminars, and other relevant engagements.
- Understand our customers. Demonstrate industry knowledge and its relevance to the application of GIS. Identify key stakeholders and business drivers for an organization. Understand customer budgeting and acquisition processes. Use whiteboard sessions to support visual storytelling.
- Be an expert. Clearly craft and articulate solutions to the business needs of our customers, highlighting the strengths and value of the ArcGIS platform, as they relate to the civilian and sciences industries. Pursue professional and personal development to ensure competitive knowledge. Support and encourage your team in their own professional and personal development.
- Deliver results. Successfully innovate and deliver solutions, demonstrations, presentations, and prototypes to customers, partners, and internal team members to meet the consumer needs in a timely manner. Establish time-driven goals for yourself and your team that are attainable, realistic, and have clear indicators.
- Experience leading, motivating, and coaching a team
- Deep technical understanding of GIS and the ArcGIS platform and their applications in various industries
- Demonstrated knowledge of new technology trends and the ability to translate knowledge into solutions for customers
- Expert in listening to clients, assessing needs, creating solutions, presenting, and visual storytelling across all levels of an organization
- Understanding of business cycles across customer landscapes
- Ability to travel domestically up to 50%
- Bachelor’s or master’s in geography, GIS, business administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of enterprise technical sales experience providing platform solutions to businesses
- Experience in coordinating technical responses/solutions for sales teams
- Knowledge of spatial analysis and how it is used for problem solving