The McClatchy Company’s Corporate Team seeks an innovative and highly motivated digital sales leader to drive digital revenue goals working in collaboration with the local markets, our digital agency and corporate teams.
The successful candidate will have proven success managing, selling and executing strategic objectives to increase digital. The individual must possess strong sales, leadership and collaboration skills and be a consummate team professional.
The Digital Sales Development Manager represents the “voice of the client and sales” back into other internal departments and serves as a pivotal, central hub for educating and providing information to employees within and outside of sales.
The position will be based at one of our major market locations. Preference is for locations near a major airport.
- Ensure execution and adoption of sales strategies, plans and best practices to increase digital and overall revenue growth and achieve budgeted goals.
- Drive digital revenue goals working in collaboration with the local markets, our digital agency and corporate teams
- Drive marketing programs, from collaborating in planning to scheduling, execution and through results tracking following the sales process
- Lead and coach sales teams on selling the right way, following our Core4+ process
- In-field digital sales coaching to include client-facing meetings to help support moving opportunities through the process
- Ensure effective collaboration between sales and client success and that each media plan meets the needs, goals and KPI’s of the client
- Support digital knowledge and the development of the local sales team through coaching, mentoring and facilitation of corporate sales training and support resources
- Develops by modeling and coaching to expected behaviors
- 5+ years of digital advertising sales/management experience and a proven successful record of revenue goal achievement
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred
- Expertise in consultative selling techniques
- Expertise in customer attribution, analytics, and storytelling using the data
- Knowledge of all facets of digital sales and marketing
- Demonstrated experience working effectively under pressure while remaining positive, flexible, and open to feedback
- Must have advanced PC skills including Microsoft Office
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task and follow-through projects to completion.
- Strong presenter and communicator with internal and external customers and partners.
- Must have the ability to work autonomously, but lead and collaborate with internal partners
- Strategic thinker and disciplined executor, comfortable developing and making recommendations to senior management.
- High energy and self-directed
- Ability to travel up to 50%, US based.