Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience with both process and data modeling.
- Demonstrated experience with fit/gap analysis.
- Understanding of relational database concepts.
- Strong understanding of the components of web applications.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with minimum direction.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish effective, ongoing relationships with clients, staff and management.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and work under pressure in high stress situations.
- Demonstrated ability to program or script.
Other Relevant Experience May Include:
- Processing and cataloging archival collections.
- Knowledge of current library and archival descriptive and metadata standards (e.g. DACS, EAD, MODS) and related software applications (e.g., ArchivesSpace, Archon).
- Acquaintance with Linked Data developments in metadata creation and use.
- Experience creating online exhibits of archival collections.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.