The Digital Project Manager is responsible for the internal scheduling of work throughout the marketing department as well as responsible for implementing and tracking schedules for all jobs sent to third party resources/vendors. Under the direction of the Senior Manager of Project Management, the Project Manager coordinates movement of all jobs through the creative department and ensures that all projects get the appropriate signs-offs from appropriate stakeholders and senior management according to schedule. The Digital Project
Manager will be responsible for prioritizing all jobs and communicating deadlines and projects to appropriate business unit owners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor or management.
Must keep track of all jobs and physically must move job from one step of completion to the next within the creative department as well as traffic to internal clients (each individual business unit) and outside vendors.
Must alert business unit owners, Senior Manager of Project Management, and the VP of Digital to changes in timing or scheduling, or any alteration to the schedule.
Preparing a daily status report of all active jobs in creative, and updating this report daily based on job status changes.
Must manage and distribute meeting notes and lead kick off meetings.
Organize and lead weekly status meetings across all channels to review timing, priority changes, and creative process.
Must work closely with the Senior Manager of Project Management to make sure all job requirements and due dates are provided by each business unit owner in order for job inception to take place within creative
Must work closely with the Senior Manager of Project Management to make sure creative meets all provided deadlines.
Traffic, distribute and report on all marketing requests including but not limited to web, print, direct mail, promotional, business development, retail, packaging and special projects
Ability to identify process gaps and implement improvements.
This is a high pressure, high profile position, with exposure to all manager level and above employees in the company, and the right candidate will have a professional, outgoing, high energy demeanor.
The right person for this job is someone that knows they are required to be early in and usually the last out the door at night, and loves taking on this kind of responsibility and ownership
Not afraid to take a stand, lay down the law, and always willing to listen to the whole situation from both sides in order to determine the best course of action and scheduling adjustments when need
- · Bachelors degree
- · Minimum of 5 years prior trafficking experience in a corporate, marketing or advertising agency environment
- · Demonstrated project management and planning ability
- · Proven ability to work in a very fast paced, market driven environment
- · Proven ability to develop timelines
- · Ability to track and report on multiple simultaneous projects
- · Ability to track and report on company wide promotions, start dates, end dates, and offers associated with each promotion
- · Familiarity with the creative process
- · Expert with PC platform and familiarity with MAC platform, specific programs include MS Office, Acrobat, Excel and job tracking systems
- · Experience in Asana and Jira is a plus.
- · Excellent communication, diplomacy and superior organizational skills
- · Strong sense of urgency
- · Confident, extremely organized and innovative with a team approach
Education and Experience
- · College degree required
- · Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a leadership role within a traffic/account management/creative dept.