The RAND Corporation is seeking a Digital Project Manager to coordinate the development and production of innovative, multi-disciplinary, digital-research and outreach products. Using best practices in project management and storytelling in digital, web and traditional publishing, this position will facilitate cross-departmental execution of integrated outreach packages and products. This is not a video editor position .
Working with both creative and technical teams, the digital production editor plays a lead role in orchestrating delivery of traditional and digital assets. As a pioneering member of a ‘digital first’ publishing team, this position exercises discretion, independent judgment, and requires attention to detail.
The primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Operational production management of multiple concurrent, moderate-sized projects, acting as focal point for all aspects of project coordination and driving efficient workflow for digital media, web video, digital-storytelling, and traditional publishing products
- Creation and management of comprehensive, realistic project schedules and budgets including measuring, managing, and reporting on progress and delivery of projects
- Evaluation and monitoring of project progress and recommending improvements
- Working with research stakeholders and creative/technical staff to define and document vision, scope, and requirements for web-based digital media and traditional publishing products
- On a non-reporting basis assembles project teams, identifying stakeholders and providing regular and comprehensive updates to both teams and management
- Management of supporting project documentation including budgets, schedules, and scopes of work
- Superior understanding of project management methods and best practices ability to coordinate multiple projects and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience writing, editing, and proofreading copy and meta-content material
- Selected individual to possess working knowledge of the general production arc that digital and traditional publishing projects follow
- Familiarity with communications planning and best practices
- Ability to manage diverse project teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of at least one digital-asset-management (DAM) or workflow system
- Solid analytical, facilitation, and problem-solving skills
- Strong preference for experience with the Adobe Creative Suite and Adobe Experience Manager or similar tools
Minimum of 6 years of experience managing diverse digital media projects including web, video, or traditional publishing products.
Successful candidates must be willing and able to obtain a U.S. government security clearance.