This director leads the Digital Production function to provide high-level direction and oversight to the translation of creative ideas and assets into a range of digital media. This leader provides management and oversight to the Digital Production teams to build, test, and deploy complex web, email, and print designs through efficient department workflows, capacity planning, end-to-end processes, creative project management, and business operations of the department. The primary purpose of this position is to provide direction through subordinate managers and staff to a major sub-function or geographic region of the ministry. This responsibility includes hiring, discipline, and termination, as well as, coaching, performance management, assigning, checking, and approving work to achieve global strategies and objectives. The incumbent collaborates with other senior leaders and contributes to the development of functional strategy and makes decisions based on operational strategy and priorities.
What will you do?
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Act as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ's mandate to protect children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need. Reports and appropriately supports responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
- Provide leadership and development to direct reports. Works with staff to foster an environment of professional growth, in alignment with compassion’s strategies and objectives. Consult with peer management and senior leaders to successfully align departmental resources and priorities across Compassion.
- Compile, prepare and administer the annual budget and departmental expenses, ensuring accountability for on-time completion of deliverables based on department objectives, SLAs, and other Compassion standards, ensuring compliance with regulatory and board policies.
- Select, manage and develop assigned staff, establishing goals and objectives, coaching and managing performance, including discipline, motivation, and annual reviews; supports continuous learning and development that enhances individual performance and organizational capability.
- Direct the team responsible for digital design and delivery of deliverables that are essential to customer centric journeys and campaigns for the supporter neighbor (customer). This includes contributing to a frictionless, seamless experience for the supporter.
- Forge partnerships with leaders across marketing, fundraising, service and other execution teams to facilitate scalable production models, workflows, and communication processes. Provides strategic direction and oversight regarding the infrastructure of the production teams to increase operational efficiency by using analysis of the department data and best practices.
- Utilizing a holistic understanding of the creative process, from concepting through production, ensures creative disciplines and needs are considered, aligns requests to the brand vision, maintain standards, and balances creation of the most professional, high-quality creative output while driving efficiency and speed to market.
- Provide strategic oversight regarding metrics and reporting related to timeliness, quantity and status of deliverables, division capacity and effectiveness, tiering, cycle times, division expense budgets and other relevant data. Analyzes and forecasts demand and capacity to support workload planning for production resources.
- Through subordinate leaders, ensures relevant research, problem solving, and ongoing training for digital production regulatory standards, best practices, and tools in order to provide support and guidance to subordinate teams. Drives optimal productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness in service to our supporters and internal customers.
- Through strategic leadership of the digital production function, champions effective project planning, adherence to timelines, and successful implementation of product and project deliverables.
What do you bring?
- Bachelor's Degree Bachelor's Degree in related field
- 10+ years experience in digital production or similar field to enable the individual to be able to successfully perform the job as listed
- Experience building and leading a team
Why work here?
- The mission: Join a team that is motivated to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
- Our benefits: Receive generous paid time off, 10% contribution to a 403(b) retirement fund, excellent healthcare coverage, and more.
- Spiritual growth: Participate in regular chapel services, prayer groups, and department devotionals.