Job ID 560544BR.
The Product Planning Manager, Digital Product Planning, with oversight and direction from the Sr. Manager, willsupport the product release scheduling strategy of large-scale software development across multipleportfolios, looking out over a 12-18 month period, with focus on the upcoming 3-9 month timeframe. The Product Planning Manager will assist the Sr. Manager with activities related to: determining the optimal sequencing of products in the releaseschedule, providing timelyreporting and communication across a variety of programs and projects, advising executives and stakeholders on feasibility and dependencies during release planning. S/he willwork with Product and Project teams to communicate and plan to the organization’s priorities, including anticipatingrisks, impacts, and opportunities in accordance withfinancial goals, market drivers, and guestexperience priorities. The Product Planning Manager will alsosupport the development ofprocesses, tools, andreporting within the area of responsibility. This role blends skills related to project management, scheduling, impact analysis and mitigation, and relationship management.
Assist with scheduling process for product launches:
- Recommend releasedates and product sequencing across multiple portfolios and lines of business that are in alignment of key parameters (priority, Guest experience impact, revenue impact, committed dates, release freezes, release size constraints, etc.)
- Work closely with Product Management to ensure decision-making aligns with market drivers and organization priorities
- Partner with Portfolio Management to account for forecast and capacity risks and opportunities in the releaseschedule throughout the year
- Evaluate product release readiness performance and recommend tactical changes for future releases
Conduct product releaseanalysis:
- Analyze and interpret product release activity by portfolio and line of business; isolate trends and evaluate results against product
- Generate weekly and monthly reporting to anticipate release issues
- Engage with Product teams to extract relevant trends and qualitative insights that inform decisions
Support Sr. Manager communication andreporting:
- Ensure socialization and broad understanding of market date drivers, organization priorities, release status updates across product teams
- Partner with key stakeholders in Tech to drive awareness of business priorities and escalate release delay issues
- Develop materials to support communication of priority, schedule, and status updates to Product owners, executives, and other key stakeholders
- Assist with crafting meeting agendas, presentation materials, and meeting facilitation
- Serve as proxy for Sr. Manager with Product and Project teams, as necessary
- 4 years of experience in an analytical role: consulting, marketing, business development, and/or strategy. Experiencing working for a digital marketing agency preferred.
- Demonstrable project management experience delivering digital solutions utilizing cross functional teams including program and project management, product strategy, technology and quality assurance, and user experience (interaction design, visual design, content strategy/copy).
- Experience with variety of software delivery methodologies (e.g. waterfall, Scrum, and Lean, etc.)
- Advanced Excel skills and strong data modeling abilities.
- Highly proficient in developing executive presentations in PowerPoint and/or Keynote.
- Critical, structured thinker -- able to derive actionable insights from data.
- Must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment with continuously shifting priorities, paying close attention to detail, having excellent organizational skills, and a strong commitment to deadlines.
- Possess a keen sense of “process” on executing strategy in a sustainable and scalable manner.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills with the ability to build and develop strong stakeholder relationships
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of management.
- Self-motivated and dedicated to performing above expectations.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired