Digital Product Owner - Workplace Investor Experience
Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Product Owner is primarily responsible for the success of the product delivered, by setting a clear product vision, continuously communicating that vision to key stakeholders and the Agile team, and owning the Product Backlog that will realize the business vision. The Product Owner represents end-user stakeholders and is responsible for defining and prioritizing the Backlog of work for the team. The Product Owner is responsible for ensuring the solution effectively addresses global business needs while maintaining technical integrity. The Product Owner ensures that the team knows with accurate detail what they are expected to build. The Product Owner must develop a deep understanding of the target market/industry, build close relationships with key stakeholders, and define the business strategy for the product so that it meets the needs of both our clients and associates across all regions
The Product Owner owns the Product Backlog and implementation. Sets ambitious and clear product vision and communicates ‘the story’ effectively to key stakeholders and the team. The Product Owner ensures a customer-driven design considering user pain points and usability test results, while using market and industry knowledge to deliver a well-positioned product. The Product Owner sets the direction for the baseline product and prioritizes what will be included in the business case and each release. Works in partnership with our distribution, design and technical teams to build reusable solutions.
The Product Owner continuously ensures all items on the Product Backlog are clearly described, estimated and prioritized. Establishes the initial acceptance criteria for each User Story and works with the team to refine during Backlog-refinement sessions. Reviews and reprioritizes the Backlog as part of the preparatory work for Sprint planning, including coordination of content dependencies with other Product Owners. With input from the Product Manager and other stakeholders, the Product Owner has the primary responsibility to build, reprioritize, and maintain the Product Backlog. Communicates the Product Vision and stakeholders’ needs to the team. Works with Product Managers/other stakeholders to understand Features and establishes Feature acceptance criteria. Pushes the team to work outside of comfort zone and drives innovation. Creates a highly collaborative team environment.
Participates in Sprint activities and supports team during delivery
Acts as primary source for User Story detail and priorities for the team. Responsible for accepting the final iteration plan. Participates in all Sprint ceremonies including planning, daily Stand-ups, Sprint Demos, and Retrospectives. Responsible for validating all User Stories meeting the acceptance criteria and “definition of done” for the team. Answers questions and clarifies business requirements for the team during the Sprint. Works with all team leads (Scrum Master, Design Lead, etc.) to assist in removing impediments that arise for the team.
The Product Owner exercises strong decision-making authority from executive group to own the product end-to-end. The Product Owner removes impediments and facilitates decisions both inside and outside of the core team to ensure a successful product delivery. For product-related issues that the Product Owner, or other leaders on the team cannot resolve, elevates for resolution assistance; elevates key product decisions to senior leadership.
The Product Owner coordinates Release Planning with other key team roles as well as Product Owners who are part of other teams if necessary to ensure a strategic, complimentary releaseschedule. The Product Owner also helps to identify necessary operational changes stemming from a release and is co-responsible for defining reusable solutions/shared components.
- College degree and 4 years of related work experience, or Associatedegree and 6 years related work experience, or High School diploma/equivalent and 8years related work experience
Proven experience in a marketing and/or strategic planning role
- Strong leadership skills
- Deep knowledge of relevant domains/products/journeys
- Solid knowledge of industry trends and user demands and pain points to be able to create a high value product vision
- Comfortable with technology/IT to be able to engage in discussion with tech team to understand risks
- Experience in Agile Development, with specific Product Owner (or similar) experiencepreferred, should be confident in managing a Product Backlog
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex messages and trade-offs and tell a compelling story
- Sufficient authority to make real time decisions in the lab (analogous to a Business Product Manager)
- Ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders – strong leadership skills
- Strong problem solver with ability to lead the team to push the solution and progress
- Challenger mindset and passion to challenge status quo to find new solutions and drive out of the box ideas – loves and embraces change
- Believes in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency and trust across the team.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
- Experience in the investment management/financial services industry
- 5-8years relevant experience
- MBA, or other specialized accreditation (CFP, CIMA, CPA)
- Established industry network
- A passion for innovation
- Experience leading teams and managing external vendors and agency relationships
- Ability to collaborate and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders