Digital Product Owner
Summary of This Role
TSYS is the leading third party payments provider globally and is well positioned for the future as a dynamic, yet stable, leader in the payments technology industry. Our Digital solutions are at the heart of an exciting, consumer-oriented market landscape, and we hold a market-leading position.
We have an evolving agile culture and we move fast. We also strive to maintain an environment where people and interactions are valued above process and tools. As a Digital Engagement Product Owner for the North American market, you will be directly responsible for shaping and expanding our digital customer solutions that serve some of the leading financial services brands in North America, most of whom are household names. You won’t be alone. We have a great team of people willing to share, help, and teach, as well as an ever-growing knowledge engine, which is invaluable to those eager to take initiative and grow professionally.
We value people who are experts in their field, care deeply about contemporary consumer experiences, and get things done for our clients and their customers. We are looking for an experienced, savvy product leader to join our team to help us continue to grow and expand our product offering to meet the ever-changing demands of our clients and their consumers. We strongly believe in people who know and know how to help teams get things done. You will have the opportunity to contribute by gaining a deep understanding of our product and technology, and by translating that knowledge into a market value in the form of a product roadmap.
On a Day-to-Day basis you will:
- Leverage expertise in financial services markets and/or Agile software product development to drive product innovation, roadmap priorities, and requirements for our loyalty product offering that serves to further distinguish our capabilities from the competition and to deepen engagement for our clients’ customers. Close collaboration with our Account Management and US-based Product Management teams are key to success.
- Serve as the Product Owner with expertise in the requirements of our markets and locales to help shape and guide product decisions for our global digital customer product suite. Includes maintaining an expert viewpoint on the competitive landscape.
- Collaborate closely with our leadership, sales, and client teams to pinpoint opportunities for our strategic focus, and ensure the release themes and plans align to deliver the capabilities to enable winning in the marketplace.
- Drive and shape development of product objectives, roadmaps, backlogs, and epics. Collaborate on a day to day basis with the Product Development (technology) team and their Product Owners to deliver against our roadmaps and objectives.
- Participate in product innovation and roadmap planning sessions. Actively offer ideas, solutions, and technical product guidance on solution feasibility, approach, and high level scope.
- Collaborate within and outside of the product management team to ensure product relevance and prioritization across our digital segment offerings.
You should apply if you:
- Relish helping clients, teams, and individuals solve complex business and strategic problems, as well as product and systems solutions challenges
- Enjoy working with clients and prospects
- Are energized by a fast-paced environment where you wear multiple hats
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and rapid, thoughtful decision-making mind set
- Are organized and a planner by nature
- Are effective at “micro” communications with a variety of people profiles
- Have both experience with product strategy or delivery and hands-on financial product experience
- Have passion for and experience in helping to drive plans and teams to improve client outcomes
- Love growing your knowledge and skills in contemporary consumer experiences, data analytics, and marketing approaches and methods
- Like solving puzzles and problems
You'd be a particularly good fit if you:
- Have experience with SaaS or multi-tenant products
- Consider market challenges and requirements a puzzle to be solved, and you get energy from that “work”
- Are a multi-tasker who can think on the fly and is comfortable around technology
- Are able to collaborate openly within a mixed team of marketing, delivery, and client-facing teams
- Have the ability to analyze a problem, organize thoughts and recommend approaches
- Are able to build credible relationships and rapport with external and internal clients
- Are a creative thinker, comfortable pushing the boundaries of standard industry practices
- Are driven to learn as a person and develop as a professional
Education & Experience
- Bachelors or Masters Degree with at least 4 or more years of experience as product owner, marketing director, market manager, or similar
- Relevant experience as an owner of a product or portfolio for an organization, or in a product delivery role
- External client-facing experience is preferred