This role will be responsible for understanding customer needs, defining intent and requirements, and leading development for best in class customer experiences within the VW digital ecosystem. The role will work closely with User Experience and Technology teams to bring experiences to life, and will also colloaborate closely with other internal and external partners (marketing, sales, vehicle product, and agencies).
- Prioritize and manage all aspects of the product roadmap, informed by consumer insights, driven by KPI-driven decision making, and defined through internal collaboration
- Work closely with key business partners to collect requirements, understand business value, understand required capabilities, and translate these to technical product requirements
- Collaborate with design, IT and stakeholders to define direction. This direction can include performing analysis, defining requirements/user stories, working with teams to develop solutions to meet these requirements, and to test and deliver experiences with the customer in mind
- Help drive product optimization initiatives; developing and executing on optimization roadmap
- Manage usability and customer research initiatives
- Managing and identifying risks, mitigation plans, and executive updates
- Support usability testing for roadmap initiatives to ensure key business objectives are met
- Work closely with analytics to define success metrics, monitor and optimize the experience
- Product Ownership (70%)
- Proactively identify product enhancements to deliver a seamless customer experience
- Help discover customer and organizational needs, systems and operations requirements, customer rollout requirements, and usability
- Partner users and stakeholders to implement and support agreed upon solutions. Create and manage a product backlog in order to prioritize user stories for implementation.
- Partner with team members to define, track and test user stories in an agile development life cycle
- Build use cases and technically-focused specifications, data flow diagrams, etc.
- Focus on technical elements, including mapping and integrating with multiple systems
- Prioritize issues and inquiries. Manage internal escalation and resolution of issues
- Manage ticketing process including prioritization and clear documentation
- Track and monitor issues; provide regular reporting / analysis
- Product and Growth Strategy (20%)
- Help gather user input and market trends to define product requirements
- Work within an Agile compliant framework and collaborate with partners/business owners to convert strategy and priorities into tangible business requirements, prototypes, design concepts, and feasible product roadmaps
- Understanding business implications of decisions in order to align work with strategic goals
- Review customer satisfaction results; recommends, designs, and implements personal and business unit action plans
- Review, analyze and prioritize Voice of the Customer feedback to incorporate in user stories
- Leadership (10%)
- Lead development teams to produce creative solutions that deliver results by connecting them to the business teams and product vision
- Organize interdepartmental activities to ensure completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget
- 7-10+ years of experience in digital and/or customer relationship management and loyalty marketing
- 5+ years of experience leading cross functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or Engineering.