The Digital Product Owner will be the leading driver for new digital / software products for new business line growth in the digital group. As a digital product owner you will be responsible for “cradle to grave”: design, development, deployment, customer education, continuous improvement through the software lifecycle and ensure the success of revenue generating digital software(s). A core leader in the group, he / she will continuously work on advancing the PS PG Digital agenda.
The digital product owner will be both
- · a “co-creation champion” – able to help customer understand how they can dramatically improve their operations or propose new ground breaking services or new business models;
- · a “technology evangelist”, able to deal with both strategic and operational level leader, and help them understand how digital transformation can help them.
The digital product owner will be responsible to ensure delivery of the best in class software products by leveraging technologies, applications, and concepts that relate to web, mobile, and any other customer touch interactions. A transformational leader, the digital product owner will harness all concepts including UX, Interactive Design Strategy, Digital Product Go-To-Market, OEM value added proposition, continuous product improvement and customer service.
This is a unique opportunity to be a product leader in a high-paced startup innovating in a critical area of the technology world. You will be working with the brightest minds in the industry with a small but talented team of designers, defining the overall vision of design at the foundry infusing a user-centered philosophy at all levels. This is the right time and place to build an amazing design culture from the ground up.
- · Own all aspects of the new digital product / software development, including market assessment, customer demand, pricing strategy, product development process, commercialization, continuous integration and software delivery.
- · Leverage a world-class knowledge base to drive and pivot as needed to ideate and industrialize market specific software products.
- · Partner closely with Sponsors (Global Sales, Global Operations, Technology Innovation and Regional Business) in driving the overall product design and development strategy.
- · Develop current and future roadmap for the digital product and enumerate the business case / benefits of developing and taking software of interest to the market.
- · Evangelize true user-centered method throughout the user community (internal & external).
- · Monitor best practices over the digital space in order to identify opportunities and new technologies.
- · Develop a working knowledge of high performance web application and development: full stack technologies, infrastructure, container and virtual machines to position Siemens for success in the future.
- · Own customer engagement for digital product with thorough knowledge of the specific digital product. Establish him/her-self as the subject matter expert on the product, willing and able to answer both internal and external questions on product applicability, scalability and roadmap.
Skills and Qualification:
- · Customer-driven, passion to understand marketing trends and customer needs
- · Capability to relate customer needs and emerging trends to offer-related attributes
- · Excellent quantitative, analysis and synthesis skills
- · Organized, highly of autonomous
- · Enjoys working in a dynamic and international environment with some travel
- · Excellent oral and written communication
- · Leadership competencies: strategic thinking, passion for innovation, objective-driven, and excellent teamwork
- · Must be able to learn and be comfortable working in an often process-driven environment.
- · Demonstrated record of getting results
- · Results oriented team leader
- · Experience working in a peer to peer and highly matrixed organization is a plus
- · Ability to work with limited supervision and taking ownership, self-starter
- · Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering [with Software Development and Cloud technology experience]
- · Technical knowledge of business operations [Power Generation & Service] is a plus
MBA a plus
- · Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- · 8 - 10 years’ experience in Digital Product Development and Digital Product Management.
- · Service Marketing, Sales and Engineering product development process experience a good to have.
- · International environment. Some level of domestic and international travel may be required
Requisition Number: 218046