The Digital Product Manager is responsible for defining, designing and driving the development and management of the features and functionality of our Digital experiences. This extremely unique and cross-functional position achieves results through facilitation and collaboration with key stakeholders from across the business and information technology. Within an assigned Digital program portfolio, this role will determine strategic needs, develop and prioritize initiatives, ensure alignment with cross-functional budgets and resources, and act as a key stakeholder on various Digital initiatives to ensure delivery. This Manager role cares passionately about the Lands’ End Customer – desiring to create the best possible experience for her/him.
- Understand how our customers use Digital and how changes to channel experiences can have positive or negative impacts on customer buying behavior.
- Analyze customer needs, competitive offerings and provide direction on best practices and emerging trends in relation to e-commerce capabilities.
- Act as the Digital evangelist to key stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Within an assigned program portfolio, create and own the business cases for Digital initiatives and drive for approval with financial leadership and other technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Lead the prioritization of Digital features and understand the art of sequencing their delivery with an agile framework.
- Provide clear Digital requirements and business rules to guide the development of new features and define acceptance criteria of those features. Demonstrated ability to simplify complex design requirements into component parts and systematically evaluate them.
- Coordinates with IT Program & Project Management teams to ensure Digital channel enhancements are implemented per specifications, within budget and on schedule.
- Be the subject matter expert for assigned program portfolio and drive the long-term roadmap prioritization and alignment across all business units.
- Identify, develop and manage contractual relationships with strategic partners and providers.
- Partner with all consumer insight teams to define measure and report on business results.
- Provides support and mentoring for growth opportunities of direct reports. Ensures training and development of product managers and customer experience staff.
- Must follow all safe work practices, escalate unsafe conditions and report incidents.
- 5+ years progressive experience in ecommerce, innovation, product management, technology strategy and/or software development. Bachelor’s degree in technology field and preferably MBA or equivalent body of experience.
- Demonstrates a high level of competence and passion for Digital technology and a comprehensive understanding of usability. Innovative and forward-thinking. Needs to understand the Digital best practices as well as practical solutions to problems.
- Documented track record of navigating organizational white spaces and leveraging internal assets to create or co-create innovative, customer-focused retail solutions from concept to launch.
- Experience distilling business/consumer requirements/needs impacting concept development to business and technical partners; representing the voice of the consumer throughout the product development process.
- Inspirational leader, someone who stretches thinking and has a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Must be extremely adept with communication, facilitation, cooperation, negotiation and collaboration to achieve results through others.
- Ability to build and nurture partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Skilled at developing business cases and quantifying the cost/benefit of user experience enhancement projects in a Digital environment.
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills. Must be an expert problem solver committed to driving results and multiple concurrent projects to success.
- Ability to adhere to Lands’ End Attendance expectations.