About the ideal candidates:
You have experience actively contributing to customer-facing digital implementations as a product owner, project manager or hands-on producer: you’ve helped build things people use.
You have an understanding of Web Content Management Systems and SEO
You are accustomed to collaborating with designers, developers, subject matter experts and others to create, deliver and manage digital experiences
You approach design and technology problems with a user’s interest first
You are inquisitive – regularly asking “why?” and proactively seeking to find answers which will benefit the user experience and business outcomes
You are comfortable working within complex, often ambiguous environments. You may not have insurance experience, but are eager to adapt yourself and learn
You can write and speak effectively to both explain and gain understanding
You are comfortable prioritizing your time
The role will report to the Director of Enterprise Digital, within the Enterprise Marketing organization.
- Product manager for the enterprise portfolio, focusing on www.thehartford.com.
- Set priorities for experiences, enhancements and capabilities needed to achieve targeted results over time. Achieve consistent, measurable results (cost-benefit analysis)
- Drive journey mapping/design thinking activities to determine customer centered objectives and design of processes that span online and offline experiences
- Integrate with marketing, operations ,research, analytics, design and IT to determine opportunities, define solutions and prioritize execution to support growth, influence preference and reduce operational costs via digital engagement
- Execute on digital capability/technology investments and enhancements. Ensure on time and on budget delivery of new capabilities
- Perform analysis and determine trends related to usage and adoption of digital services
- Responsible for using fact base to enroll key stakeholders in the case for change
- Establish key metrics and reporting for digital performance – including online and offline data and voice of the customer
- Minimum 3 years of experience in customer experience execution - digital/online/mobile experiences or similar focus in digital marketing, operations or IT
- Experience using or designing capabilities that leverage a web content management platform (Oracle, Drupal, WordPress, SharePoint, etc...)
- Basic understanding of what drives Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Strong ability to influence decision-making and create compelling business cases to secure buy-in and progress
- Adept at working within a heavily matrixed environment. Ability to work in a team environment and navigate effectively with different constituencies in achieving goals
- Ability to clearly articulate business requirements/user stories and translate business needs into digital experience solutions
- Prior experience working with analytics tools and data to create insight and present opportunity
- Experience working with technology implementations, preferably in agile/scrum.
- Self-motivated individual with demonstrable ability to handle multiple high-priority demands, manage expectations and achieve objectives
- College degree required with a business, marketing/advertising, IT or closely related major
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.