- Own the user experience for all digital touchpoints, including the responsive website,
- email, notifications, and more.
- Recommend approach and conduct user research with external users.
- Define, prototype and validate solutions with external users and
- Build production ready assets and designs for our cross-platform digital experiences.
- Collaborate with our Product Managers and Engineers in all phases of agile product
- development, from discovery to delivery to iteration.
- Partner with our Head of Design to build best-in-class, on-brand experiences.
- Manage and evolve our digital design system.
- At least 5 years of experience successfully designing digital products in an Agile
- product development environment.
- Experience creating an inspiring user experience for desktop and mobile devices as
- well as native mobile apps.
- Expertise with Figma and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to confidently your work at any stage of your process with a variety of audiences.
- Robust prototyping skills and user research experience.
- Fantastic visual design skills (e.g.; layout, composition, typography, color) showcased through a refined and inspiring portfolio.
- A willingness to give and receive feedback and an openness to follow creative direction.
- A passion for Atlas Obscura’s mission of inspiring wonder and curiosity about the incredible world we all .
Compensation is competitive and includes equity. Benefits for full-time employees include
family health, dental, and vision plans and a generous vacation policy. At Atlas Obscura we
believe exploration is for everyone and encourage diverse applicants. We are committed to
an equitable hiring process and an inclusive work environment.