As part of a small, passionate, accomplished and rapidly evolving team, you will be responsible for working closely with engineering design, manufacturing and tooling teams to generate a digital simulation of the manufacturing environment depicting all major process assemblies and fabrication plans. This includes simulation of the build plan and all integrated tooling and equipment architecture related to building human rated orbital launch vehicles. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Coordinate the integration of all the product assembly macro and micro level in a digital environment
- Develop process to accept 3D geometry of hardware, tooling, and equipment and output an integrated layout of the work center that represents the build plan.
- Work with the manufacturing teams to develop and mature discreet event process simulation using industrial engineering analysis software.
- perform envelope checkouts, interference checks and inform the build plan of any constraints as indicated by the process flow.
- Support tooling integration from concept design to the detail design phase all the way to ready for production
- Support producibility studies that inform the product development teams
- Develop the internal specifications required to support the manufacture of human capable flight vehicles
- Develop and implement preventive actions related to discrepancies
- Take ownership of product quality, establishing procedures and processes to support continuous improvement
- Use of process mapping, Kaizen, and other tools to dramatically reduce cycle time, defects and waste
- Expert ability of using digital process simulation environments using the CATA/DELMIA V5 tool suite.
- Expert ability of using robotic simulation environment using the CATIA/DELMIA V5 tool suite.
- Intermediate ability of using process simulation software to perform industrial engineering tasks and output cycle times based on execution of discrete event simulators
- Intermediate ability to understand and modify VBA code in relation to the discrete event simulations (ARENA process simulation experience preferred)
- Ability to generate 3D CAD using the CATIA workbench.
- Experience in digital design of the manufacturing layouts, facility work centers and integration of all tooling solutions to depict the build plan
- Proven experience with large scale assemblies and integration of structures
- Experience working in a product development team.
- Experience with safety critical systems.
- B.S. degree or higher in Computer Science, relevant field of study OR 5 years of relevant experience
- Proven experience and successful track record leading teams in a matrix organization
- Strong written, personal, and computer skills. Ability to communicate clearly and appropriately at the executive leadership level and on the shop floor
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.