Dover is in the midst of large digital transformation, and we recently opened up our Dover Digital Labs in Watertown, MA. Reporting to VP of Engineering,the Digital Platform & Solutions Architect is responsible for translating the business requirements into specific system, application or process designs. This includes working cross functional & cross-company personnel and executives to identify functional requirements and subsequently working with and leading others in the identification, justification and design of the solution. It also includes a wide range of design activities from requirements analysis through systems, application and/or process design specification. This is a hands-on role requiring architect, design, development of Dover’s IoT platform and other digital solutions. Along with working closely with cross company leadership, this role also will be working closely with other architects, data scientists, development team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Create, contribute and communicate Dover’s Digital solutions & Internet of Things (IoT) Strategy, digital platform to other businesses in Dover
- Lead the design and development work of Digital Platform & solutions
- Along with architecture & design, hands-on development of Digital Platform and solutions.
- Define technical requirements and specifications for digital platforms, solutions and document.
- Works across the Business units and technology partners to design end to end digital products & solutions
- Provide technical mentorship and project guidance to development team.
- Collaborate with peer architects, data scientists to design & develop strong enterprise grade solutions.
- Demonstrate technology & solution feasibility for high value business requirements.
- Establish best practices, document and communicate to company wide.
- Evaluate solution pricing, data management, applications, hardware, and infrastructure requirements.
- Minimum 30% of hands-on coding required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or Electrical & Electronics or equivalent experience.
- Proven track record of building cloud based PaaS, SaaS based platform & products with micro services
- 10+ years of experience of Software design, development, devops in a highly technical and analytical role.
- 6+ years of strong experience in building highly scalable enterprise grade cloud application architecture, data modeling, application security and networking.
- Proven track record of delivering end to end solutions that span UI, backend, database and security.
- Proficient in either Java, C# and strong knowledge of Linux/Windows.
- Experience with API design, REST, Message Queues , User experience, Data modeling
- Experience in a position where you were comfortable talking about technology with business partners and business with technical partners.
- Experience understanding the current state of infrastructure, automation, continuous integration/deployment, SQL/NoSQL/NewSQL, agile software development process, and cloud-based delivery models
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong team player with the ability to collaborate and communicate with complex matrixed teams across the globe
- Able to work independently and provide updates to management
- Well-developed negotiation and influencing skills, for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to travel to company locations or customers when needed.
Additional Skills: (Preferred)
- Experience with Azure IoT Edge and Azure IoT Hub highly desirable
- Experience with IoT platforms, IoT product development
- Experience with embedded systems, RTOS and related programming environments (e.g. Raspberry Pi, GPIO, i2C, Contiki, Mantis, RIOT, etc.)
- Experience with Configuration Management Tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Knowledge/Experience with Jira, Git. Bitbucket
- Experience with deployment/orchestration tools (i.e. Jenkins)
- Scripting in shell, perl or python
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes