The Digital Optimization Manager will lead and manage optimization initiatives, corporate and property business relationships, and serve as subject matter expert for web optimization. Position is primarily responsible for leading the execution of our strategic digital / website optimization efforts. Specifically, position responsibilities include driving the facilitation of the optimization strategies, planning, execution, and communication of high-impact actionable tests and usability studies to the Dir. of Optimization and key stakeholders. This individual will formulate optimization initiatives aligned with the business KPIs (or help better frame existing ones from internal & external stakeholders), with the ultimate goal of leading the identification of revenue / profit-generating opportunities and measure ROI of new website features and functionality. They will be focused on how to optimize conversion across all digital properties including desktop, mobile, app, and push channels. The individual will be responsible for managing and mentoring a team of digital optimization analysts, to ensure that actionable goals align with the strategic direction of the Optimization & Testing Director. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices and procedures.
- Manage and mentor a small team of digital optimization analysts
- Lead and manage all aspects of our Testing digital metrics, KPIs, dashboards and other ad hoc reporting.
- Collaborate with the Dir. Optimization / Testing in the development of quarterly master testing calendars and campaign summary reports to communicate to the Business / Executive leadership team.
- Work closely with all internal stakeholders / teams across the Marketing organization (Corporate & Property) to set optimization targets and provide frequent status / reporting on progress.
- Manage the prioritization of optimization requests and updates for the team.
- Using Adobe Analytics tools provide in-depth statistical analyses to leverage data when making optimization business decisions.
- Evangelize the communication of test insights to key internal stakeholders.
- Using qualitative research tools provide VOC feedback to gain user behavioral data and insights to identify optimization opportunities.
- Champion business needs and goals into effective A / B and multivariate test plans, including defining test criteria and method, metrics, creating and executing tests, and recommendations based on outcomes. Ensure learning’s are properly documented and incorporated into future activities. Test assets include web pages, email templates, offers, content and other applicable types of digital assets.
- Review and interpret web statistics and transactional data (via Adobe Analytics and Tealeaf) with the objective of identifying trends, correlations, and user behavior supporting business analysis efforts and provide actionable recommendations and information to optimize acquisition, engagement, conversion and revenue.
- Work closely with the Web Analytics team to drive the implementation and utilization of predictive analytics as an additional component of our leads scoring model.
- Create and maintain a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction ensuring quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- At least 5 years in a conversion rate optimization or website optimization role.
- Experience with optimization testing and research tools such as Adobe Target, Optimizely, Google Experiments and Maxymiser, Usertesting, and or Userzoom.
- Experience with digital analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics (Omniture), Webtrends, DOMO or Tableau.
- Experience managing direct reports.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- MBA Degree.
- Two years of work experience, post MBA Degree.
- Previous consumer online work experience in gaming, hospitality or retail.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.