Digital Native, Emerging Platforms Go To Market Expert, Flexible Location, Gartner Research - (00016333)
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. We help business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. We have a unique opportunity for a creative and charismatic individual to join Gartner’s Technology and Service Provider (T&SP) research organization. If you are interested in leveraging your deep understanding of the application markets and broad “go to market” experience, this is the role for you. Leveraging qualitative and quantitative market research with your experience is required in order to create valuable research and meaningful client interactions. Just as important is the intuitive ability to move towards the important vs. the interesting.
The ideal candidate should have exceptional people skills and enjoy diving into data and exploring the interplay across various applications that have the opportunity to drive growth and profitability.
This is a new investment role for Application Software Team.
- This position as a Gartner analyst in the Technology and Service Provider (T&SP) research organization will provide a platform for a senior and influential candidate, ready for and passionate about advising enterprise application software vendors on their go to market strategies and related sales and pricing models
- Your job focus will be on providing granular, actionable executive level insight and decision support on go to market choices and tactics, including route to market, high, low and no touch sales options, and packaging, pricing and platform choices.
- Additionally, the preferred candidate will have topical experience working with Digital Native companies, SaaS models, emerging Platform providers, or Cloud Marketplaces
- The position will be oriented to providing strategic advice to major go-to-market roles within the software vendor organization including marketing (marketing leadership/CMO, demand generation/marketing ops and product marketing), sales (sales leadership, sales enablement and sales development) and business unit leaders. In addition, the position will need to engage with CEO level clientele.
- The job holder will need to work with a broad range of clients with varying levels of sophistication; Some clients will be start ups launching their first software product. Others will be large, well established software vendors seeking new ways to grow. Still others will be enterprises seeking to commercialize internally-developed software.
- The job-holder will be a core member of the Application Software team and will collaborate with colleagues within the team and across other teams to further Gartner’s views on building effective software sales strategies and go to market approaches
- Define and take positions on what constitutes an effective go to market strategy for different categories of enterprise applications.
- Develop and track performance benchmarks for software go to market and sales models, including customer acquisition cost (CAC), Churn Rate, Lifetime Customer Value
- Strong presentations skills and leadership of interactive discussions with C-level executives.
- Perform research by networking with clients, vendors and analysts, evaluating and analyzing information and participating in Research Meetings and other activities which comprise the Gartner research process
- Produce role-specific research to a wide range of roles across emerging and established software vendors.
- Create specified volumes of written documentation of research (e. g. Research Notes, Best Practices, Market Trends Reports, etc.)
- Create materials for and delivers face-to-face and video based presentations to clients.
- Visit client/prospects with sales for identification of opportunities
- Ensure integrity of our research and maintain Gartner independence
- Provide individualized consulting for clients, which involves presentations regarding Gartner research and findings to individual companies or providing advice to vendor client
- Provide sales support by speaking to prospective and existing clients via telephone, by making face-to face sales calls with sales personnel and by delivering speeches at local briefings (half-day seminars whose purpose is attracting prospective clients)
- Bachelor's degree in related field; Masters preferred
- 10 plus years experience working within the software industry, with emphasis on senior level roles across sales, strategy/planning, or product management.
- Experience in building and orchestrating successful go to market plans will be considered a plus, with at least advanced understanding of software go to market models and sales requirements as a prerequisite.
- This is a Research Director position for an extremely capable candidate. The candidate is required to understand the business model fundamentals of go-to-market strategies technology and service provider organizations.
- Stellar writing and presentation skills are prerequisites for this position. The candidate must be a strategic thinker with solid market and technology expertise, able to efficiently multitask, and be able to deliver high quality targeted advice on time through a variety of media. The candidate must have demonstrated the ability to work in a self-motivated manner but within a collaborative team environment.
- Strong communicator who is able to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply
- Credibility to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies effectively at a senior level
- Beyond knowing the facts in the area of expertise, the individual must be good at analysis - seeking out and piecing together fragments of information, extrapolating, building and applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing conclusions from partial data.