Vulcan Inc. is searching for an experienced Digital Media Strategist to play a critical role in bringing directly to online consumers elements of the impact storytelling created by our Vulcan Productions business. Through thoughtful and innovative content, experiences and public engagement, you will help build the Vulcan Productions brand and support the film and media projects they produce and the social impact campaigns they design and manage. The person in this position possesses a strong understanding of the digital communications landscape, the ability to develop and execute on social and digital content and marketing campaigns as well as a creative mindset for storytelling. Strong writing and social media skills and the ability to work with senior leaders and across a range of internal teams and external partners (e.g. government, nonprofit, brands) to find and tell interesting stories is also required. You will lead short and long-term projects -- and be nimble to adjust to changing priorities and situations.
Nice to meet you, we’re Vulcan!
Vulcan Inc. is a nimble private company founded by the late Paul G. Allen working to solve some of the biggest global issues using innovative approaches. Our programs, projects and initiatives work to discover and develop smart, data-driven solutions and create inspiring experiences that help us tackle some of the world’s toughest challenges. We are an organization full of seekers and explorers, those who are eager to ask the tough questions and dig in on the wide range of projects always in the works within our walls. At Vulcan, an idea is just an idea, unless we have people willing to follow it down every pathway, twisting and turning and running after it until it’s finally realized.
As a member of our team you will:
- Discover, create and publish Vulcan Productions and affiliate-branded content across a variety of mediums and channels.
- Develop and execute effective digitalcampaigns, including developing creative briefs, materials, identifying target audiences and creating videos, blogs, graphics, social media posts and other storytelling content.
- Ability to partner withinternal teams and stakeholders as well as outside partners and agencies to find the right story and develop content to support key initiatives across a broad range of programs and initiatives.
- Manage external vendors and partners creating content and digital tools, managing events and collecting assets for use in digitalcampaigns.
- Interview partners and employees to develop content.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across the company.
- Co-manage and publish to digital platforms.
- Partner with Vulcan’s social and digital team and outside agencies to develop strategic strategy to drive consistency and awareness of the Vulcan Productions brand and Paul Allen’s legacy.
- Travel estimated to be up to 25%.
The experience, education and skillset we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in marketing, journalism, English or communications from accredited institution and at least five years relevant experience, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to conceive, produce, write and edit digital content.
- Must be able to manage and execute digital marketing campaigns.
- Must have deep understanding of social media and experience managing brand or organizational handles.
- Professional experience with writing/copywriting/journalism/online/social mediapublishing.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work well independently in a flexible and fast-paced environment.
- Experience in film or media industry is a plus.
- Experience with social media management tools such as Hootsuite and MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Some characteristics we value:
- Innovation, collaboration and trustworthiness with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- An authentic appreciation for Vulcan’s mission to solve the world’s toughest problems.
- A sense of humor and an appreciation for sharing successes with teammates.
- Demonstrated honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments.
- And last but not least, grit. Your demonstrated, sustained and exuberant passion over the long-haul equals grit. We value and celebrate it.