- Lead and execute digital strategies and initiatives. Work with Advertising Division managers, salespeople and other key personnel as warranted to meet objectives.
- Demonstrate leadership with a sense of urgency and effective speed through changing circumstances.
- Lead and manage strategic initiatives for the company
- Communicate corporate and local strategies across divisional lines and ensure that digital objectives of the (Select Market) and tronc are advancing forward as required.
- Work flexibly, cooperatively and effectively with multiple stakeholders and parties of influence across the company, and external vendors as warranted.
- Develop leadership bench strength on the digital sales team through mentoring and succession planning.
- Demonstrate understanding of the organization’s overall goals.
- Lead all online, apps and other digital sales activity.
- Ideate and implement sales sprints, media plans and targeted sales drives that accelerate revenue.
- Keep apprised of digital media industry standards and best practices and communicate throughout division.
- Work with peers and lead sales force to collectively retain and grow share of media budgets, print migration revenue, and fragmentation of local programmatic digital media buying.
- Analyze and develop plans to capitalize on best digital inventory (i.e.: Home Page, over-the-scroll impressions, mobile, etc.).
- Manage rate yield by understanding supply and demand of digital inventory.
- Must be able to respond expediently to changes in digital landscape and consumer preferences.
- Work closely with corporate offices to understand and implement tronc wide digital initiatives.
- Supervise digital team leaders/ sales personnel in conjunction with VP of Ad Sales
- Work within assigned expense budget
- Achieve revenue growth goals.
- Represent Digital Advertising at meetings, conferences, and/or summits as needed internally and externally.
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 7 years digital sales and management experience.
- IAB Certification preferred
- Google Analytics Certification preferred
- Programmatic experience preferred
- Exceptional computer skills
- Strong team building and interpersonal skills a must