Our communications team is responsible for elevating HGA’s brand internally and externally. A group of curious, skilled, tenacious specialists, we are all interested in design and its impact on our world. We are looking for a digital media pro with demonstrated experience—and passion for—running high-performing digital programs. This position will lead all things social and web, and drive HGA’s communications strategy forward with a creative approach. This is an opportunity to further bring HGA’s new brand to life across digitalchannels by listening carefully, and finding and telling the stories that express who we are through surprising, smart content.
This position reports to the Director of Communications who reports to the Chief Executive Officer. This position works closely with the Director of Marketing, marketing and business development staff, firm and practice leadership, project teams, and human resources staff across all 11 offices from coast to coast.
Responsible for the day-to-day management of our HGA community across all social and web-based channels, this individual will develop and post content, manage and implement social media programs, promote and train employee advocates across the firm, and assure a consistent brand voice and aesthetic.
- Build on and implement HGA’s digital strategy for social media, web, and yet-to-be-discovered platforms.
- Produce a variety of creative assets—copy, photography, video, graphic design—for digitaldistribution, independently or with the support of other staff and/or agency partners.
- Ensure writing style and key messages across all digital platforms are consistent.
- Manage digital content calendar for company news, speaking engagements, thought leadership, project milestones, internal events, etc.
- Stay on top of new technologies, best practices, and trends to identify most effective strategies and solutions; test and evaluate new tools and ideas.
- Collect, analyze, and present data to measure effectiveness of current initiatives, and provide rationale to develop new ones.
- Provide support on other projects as requested.
- Define, propose and lead strategies for social mediachannels including usage guidelines, message mix, scheduling/volume, and the role of each channel in overall marketing strategies.
- Generate, edit, publish, and share engaging content (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news).
- Collaborate with teams across the firm, as well as PR agencies, to identify social media opportunities, promote employee engagement and advocacy, and ensure brand consistency.
- Suggest and implement paid social campaigns to increase targeted reach, follower growth, and brand awareness.
- Nurture community (media, partners, industry organizations, employees, career seekers, fans and followers) through active listening and engagement.
- Serve as organization’s resource on social media tools, training, and best practices.
- Develop and manage website content that reflects our point of view; maintain accuracy and relevancy with the assistance of project or marketing/communications staff.
- Manage search engine optimization, working with content and technology on implementation and monitoring performance of rankings and traffic.
- Guided by analytics and best practices, work with vendors to maintain effectiveness and user experience for HGA website.
- Demonstrated expertise in digital communication and its impact on reputation and the business development/marketing cycle
- Ability to connect brand expression and strategy with the right tool at the right time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to craft tailored messaging for varying audiences
- Ability to tell a good story, whether through your writing, your solid photo editing, or your videography if necessary
- Creativity and resourcefulness; can develop relevant content with limited time and budget
- Ability to track and analyze performance, and use data and quantitative insights to inform strategy
- Ability to work independently
- Organization and level-headedness; able to manage/lead multiple projects, schedules, and cross-functional teams
- Ability to make good judgement calls on the fly
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and scaling organization
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in digital communications with a track record of running effective, multi-faceted programs, with organic and paid components
- Hands on experience in social media communications (including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter) and social mediapublishing and monitoring platforms (such as Hootsuite)
- Experience with Web content management systems; WordPress preferred
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience working in an email marketing platform
- Experience with SEO, SEM
- Experience managing a program in a national organization with multiple locations
- Experience in business-to-business is preferred over business-to-consumer; experience in architecture, engineering or construction even better.
- Experience with internal social media training and advocacy campaigns
- Based in or able to relocate to the Twin Cities metropolitan area.