Based in Hartford, CT, the Executive Producer will be a part of the CEO Communications team within the Marketing & Communications organization. The Executive Producer is a storyteller, producing and managing the CEO’s flagship events. Scope of work includes project management and production of the company’s all-employee town hall, quarterly leadership meetings, senior leadership team meetings, and the Chairman’s Awards program. This role also includes creating and editing print, digital, social, audio and video content for the CEO and other executives as needed. Successful candidates must have first-hand experience as an executive producer and demonstrated rapport with senior leaders. Social/digital capabilities, exceptional written/verbal/web communication skills and the ability to collaborate with others and lead virtual production teams across a matrixed organization are also critical to effectiveness in this key role, which is integral to our goals of engaging employees through communication, and inspiring action that drives business results. Responsibilities
- Produce and create print, digital, video, audio stories under the direction of the CEO Communications Director. Develops compelling and contemporary content within brand standards.
- Conducts site visits, recommends set designs, and coordinates internal teams and vendor support for marketing and communications needs of CEO flagship events. Oversee external resources and project budgets.
- Counsels and coaches executive leadership regarding their speaking engagements. Institutes rehearsals and feedback sessions to enable executives to grow their comfort with on-camera appearances and other speaking engagements.
- Coordinates with CTO team to manage webcast and audio conference aspects of CEO events.
- Provides best practices consulting and project management to business partners and executives.
- Staff and manage our on-site TV studio for live broadcast interviews with the CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. Advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of direct experience in live corporate event and webcast production, digital content, corporate communications or marketing. Other relevant experience may be considered.
- Proven expertise in recognizing and developing compelling stories, and building production plans that specify shots, lighting, graphics, sound and other elements, with a body of work that demonstrates superb writing, editing, audio/visual and presenting capabilities. Samples required.
- Ability to build rapport and facilitate engagement with leaders and colleagues from across the company.
- Previous experience leading and managing direct and/or indirect reports (i.e. production crews, technology teams)
- Strong knowledge of standard English rules pertaining to grammar and syntax. Commitment to quality, accuracy and driving results.
- A positive attitude and flexibility for last-minute changes. Ability to effectively navigate a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, on both a proactive and reactive basis.
- Video skills: creative concepts, shooting, directing, editing, writing, producing
- Programs: Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign, FinalCutPro
- Ability to travel (~10-15%)
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.