The Digital Marketing Manager – Web Content Position
Sunnova Energy is currently searching for a Digital Marketing Manager – Web Content, reporting to the Director – Web & Digital. This position will be responsible for establishing Sunnova.com as a key destination site for consumers performing online research as they shop for solar energy solutions. This is a key position in the acquisition marketing team as this manager is relied upon to create web content that will results in high search engine rankings and brings in high quality organic traffic. Key areas of knowledge and responsibility include: digital marketing, content creation, content strategy, user experience, organic SEO, keyword research, demand generation, SERP, search ranking, and content marketing.
Digital Marketing Manager – Web Content Responsibilities
- Creates new website content and optimize existing content to improve organic SERP ranking and establish Sunnova as a thought leader in solar energy and related services.
- Monitors competitor activity, performs competitive analysis and identifies keyword gaps in our content.
- Develops compelling content for each stage of the customer journey, from prospect to customer advocacy.
- Conducts keyword research to identify solar and other clean energy topics relevant for consumers.
- Interprets web analytics and adjusts strategies accordingly.
- Education required: B.S. Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or other related field
- Minimum years of experience required: 10+ years in similar roles, with at least 5 years in leadership roles with multiple direct reports.
- Minimum of six years working in a publicly traded organization.
- Minimum of 5-6 years working in energy markets.
- Previous success in increasing SERP ranking through content strategy.
- Proficient with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEM Rush or other keyword research tool, and Salesforce
- Success working with a dealer channel
- Previous experience in a subscription-services business
- Experience analyzing and understanding the consumer purchase path
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of ranking factors and search engine optimization practices
- Advanced skills in written communication and online storytelling
- Comfortable with data and web analytics
- Strong business acumen and results-oriented
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail