Job Description Summary :
The Digital Marketing Manager – Social Media will lead day to day social media marketing initiatives supporting Blue KC’s focus on the digital customer experience and will work in collaboration with the Integrated Marketing & Communications team to develop and execute strategic social media campaigns aligned with business goals and objectives. This role will be responsible for developing, initiating, creating and overseeing the social media strategy, its implementation across multiple social platforms, day-to-day social media platform operations and community management. The successful candidate will protect and enhance Blue KC’s reputation and position it favorably to key stakeholders including Blue KC employees and members, business and community leaders, consumers, employer groups, insurance industry, and health care providers. The manager is a pro-active, energetic, nimble and experienced champion of social media marketing that has an insatiable curiosity about the audience and their digital content consumption with a goal of increasing brand engagement and awareness.Job Description
- Lead, develop, recommend and implement Blue KC’s social media marketing strategies and programs designed to meet company business goals.
- Responsible for ideation, development and deployment of social channel strategy, content strategy and day to day social calendar management.
- Manage creative strategy, development and execution across social channels supporting multiple Blue KC products, offers and initiatives. Collaborate with internal and external creative teams to create high-quality branded content that is relevant, visually appealing, and drives engagement and action.
- Administer Blue KC social accounts including scheduling and publishing original text and video content, managing posts and responding to followers to drive web/blog traffic and increase engagement. This includes Blue KC’s social platforms and corporate blog. Follow escalation protocol and engage with members and consumers to help answer questions, build trust and strengthen brand voice.
- Coordinate paid social/digital campaigns. Setting key performance indicators (KPIs) and measuring campaign performance against the KPIs.
- Communicate the status of social programs clearly and effectively to all stakeholders. Monitor program performance to ensure campaign effectiveness, identifying areas of concern and optimizing as needed. Develop monthly /quarterly social media reporting cadence for management and internal partners.
- Manage outside social agency to ensure marketing goals are achieved in an efficient and effective manner.
- Be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies, social media trends and digital best practices.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure integration with other marketing initiatives to support strategic business objectives.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of company products and services, market and competitive dynamics.
- Partner with CX team to monitor social listening themes, develop insights and help guide planning and content development.
- Monitor program budgets to ensure projects are completed within budgetary guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, journalism, business, communications or related field
- 5+ years of experience in social media marketing role
- Integrated consumer/B2C marketing experience, focused on digital channels including but not limited to social media, content strategy & development and community management
- Excellent oral, written communication skills and interpersonal skills with an ability to motivate, persuade and positively interact with a wide variety of people.
- Proven agency leadership experience developing effective digital marketing strategies and creative campaigns with multiple stakeholders and reporting on the results.
- A natural digital storyteller who understands what it takes to engage customers through multiple channels and has the creativity and ingenuity needed to create content strategies that balance user needs with business requirements.
- A team player who enjoys a collaborative and communicative environment that can work with other marketing managers and business partners to deliver desired end-user experience.
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations based on data and analytics.
- Effective project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to established timeframes.
- A sense of diplomacy, excellent judgment and the ability to stay calm under pressure in a fast moving online environment coupled with a dramatically changing healthcare industry.
- A proactive and curious attitude toward staying on top of the fields of social media, community engagement and creation of relevant, engaging content.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Power Point and Excel), Internet and web applications. Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience is a plus.
- 3+ years of hands-on social media platform and community management.
- Experience with social media management & monitoring platforms such as Hootsuite, with experience identifying and leveraging actionable insights gained.
- Knowledge of the managed care/healthcare insurance industry or other highly regulated industries such as financial services preferred.
- Ability to interact and communicate professionally with management at different levels, internal and external audiences, as well as the ultimate Blue KC member, prospect or social media follower.