We are seeking an experienced Digital Marketing Manager to plan, create and improve content for Newell Brands sites that engage and inspire users, promote and achieve business objectives and have an overall superior impact. This individual will establish the strategy and direct the development, sourcing, distribution and re-purposing of all types of consumer content, including text, photos, images, and videos, to drive engagement.
The Digital Marketing Manager will use knowledge of brand content marketing, including campaign development, and website user experience, to drive engagement and ultimately sales for the brand. This individual is knowledgeable and passionate about the intersection of storytelling, media, technology, and data, and has excellent writing, editing, and communication skills. We are looking for an expert in branded content and digitalmarketing best practices. This is an Atlanta-based opportunity.
- Lead and support the development of overall content strategy and content marketing plans with outputs including brand voice & tone, audience personas, customer journeys, content ecosystems, and messaging frameworks for Newell’s 50+ brands.
- Manage strategy of website content hub, including user experience, design, A/B testing, tracking, and content changes.
- Ensure all content created meets brand requirements and aligns with the broader strategy, consumer personals, channel best practices, and key needs in the consumer journey.
- Utilize knowledge of latest trends in content marketing and digital platforms to determine ways to keep content fresh and cutting edge (ex. Infographics, videos, etc.)
- Stay informed of ever changing best practices and provide ongoing recommendations for new initiatives that drive value, including testing plans, key assumptions and goals.
- Based on strategic briefs, lead digitalcampaign development, including creative and media strategy; partner with brand and channelmarketing teams to address all touch points throughout campaign.
- Work closely with brand development teams on guiding brand tone, content planning, and provide strategic feedback rooted in best practices for specific channels.
- Partner with analytics team to drive accountability, optimization and recommendations based on dashboards and analysis.
- Understand SEO best practices, including technical and content needs to drive organic traffic.
- Perform content lifecycle strategy and evolution, including content planning, authoring, editing, testing, and improvement.
- Partner withSales, Marketing, Product Management, Product Marketing, and subject matter experts to develop product, corporate, and thought leadership content.
- Drive end-to-end development process for new digital content, from idea generation and potentially writing through to distribution and tracking.
- Manage and update existing content to maintain a complete portfolio.
- Ensure content is leveraged across appropriate digitalchannels.
- Drive business results by identifying opportunities to enhance/strengthen our digitalmarketing messaging, content and materials.
- Manage a content review process that ensures all content is on-brand, error-free, consistent in style, and optimized for both search and user experience across owned digitalchannels.
- Actively lead and/or participate in brainstorming sessions to generate ideas for new digitalcampaigns and content.
- Employ strong project management skills including the ability to independently manage multiple projects and complete projects within budget and on time.
- 4-6years of social or digital media, content marketing and/or editorial experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising or a related field.
- Experience in storytelling in a variety of formats and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience.
- Understanding of content marketing tactics: Knowledge of asset use in social media, trends and new platforms, SEO and SEM tactics as well as infographic production to improve search results.
- Understanding of Key Sales and Marketing Management Concepts: buyer-persona targeting, development & communication; opportunity support & pipeline management; planning, developing and coordinating multiple projects, events and activities.
- Expert Teamwork Skills: Demonstrable proficiency in managing cross-functional initiatives, relationship management skills, entrepreneurial spirit and collaborating with and communicating across marketing, sales, product, and executive team members.
- Computer Skills: Strong Google AdWords, Google Analytics MS Office, Sharepoint, Wordpress, Adobe Acrobat/Illustrator, Photoshop, and Website Content Management system.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time