Requisition Number: 36766
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The Specialty Materials segment manufactures products that provide more than 150 material formulations for glass, glass ceramics and fluoride crystals to meet demand for unique customer needs. Consequently, this segment operates in a wide variety of commercial and industrial markets that include display optics and components, semiconductor optics components, aerospace and defense, astronomy, ophthalmic products, telecommunications components and cover glass that is optimized for portable display devices.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
- In this role, you will be responsible for the global (including China) digital marketing platforms and strategies in support of the Gorilla Glass brand. This includes integrating PR into the campaign strategies.
- Be the voice of the social mediachannels, develop the content calendar, and ensure the channels are operating at their highest efficiencies. Develop content plan, and calendar for the social mediachannels for the non-campaign organic content.
- Understand the social medialandscapes, its changes, directions and make recommendations to add, delete or modify channels our positions in those channels. Monitor performance of channels, review metrics and enhance the channels for improved performance.
- Develop and build a strategic plan for social media and digital marketing for the brand. This includes landscape analysis, trends, threats. The objective is to develop a forward thinking plan on how we should use social channels, add or delete channels, or best optimize them.
- You will develop into a backup role to the Director of Strategic Branding for Corning Gorilla Glass.
- Be the SME on digital marketing options and work with the Director to integrate into campaigns and brand strategy.
- We work with global agencies to develop the organic content for the social channel.
- You will collaborate with agencies on social and digital marketing campaigns, content approvals and review, and ownership of digital marketing metrics both organic and paid.
- Organic social media performance and optimization. Improve our channels YOY after establishing base line.
- Consumer oriented social media content strategy and organization.
- Generate a digital marketing landscape paper, update and lead. Ensure we have this for the 2020 plan. Project of social media programs with agencies.
- We anticipate 30-35% travel for this role, both international and domestic
- Work from home (remote) role - Strong preference in the following home locations: Corning, NY, New York City, NY, Morristown, NJ, or Sunnyvale, CA.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- We require a Bachelor's degree in Communications, Business, or other related field (Master's preferred).
- 5+years of experience in a marketing or communications focused role at Corning, or premier professional services firm.
- Social media, PR, and digital marketing experience.
- The ability to learn, adapt and thrive in a highly dynamic, fast changing environment.
- Experience in working with external agencies as an integrated team.
- You will need an understanding and use of analytics in marketing campaigns (defined metrics, demonstrated metrics relevance, and used metrics to advance a marketing campaign strategy).
- Hungry to learn technical, business, and marketing content. Show a track record of taking complex ideas in all 3 areas and crafting consumer relevant content that fosters the business goals through communications.
- Technical aptitude applied to product understanding.
STRENGTHS YOU'LL NEED:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Creative in communications.
- Competent leadership skills.
- Strong skills in managing projects, setting priorities, and staying organized to keep on top of multiple projects and deadlines.
- Collaborative work style and organized.
- You need strong problem-solving, conflict-management, and negotiation skills.
Do your colleagues consider you to be positive, open and engaging and an effective member of a dynamic team?
Are you a self-starter and passionate about Digital Marketing?
Are you dedicated, open to new ideas and recognized for your flexibility to change?
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.