An Essendant company, CPO Outlets is based in sunny Pasadena, CA and is America’s leading online retailer for power tools & equipment. CPO operates multiple online sites, in addition to being the #1 marketplace tool retailer on Amazon, eBay, Sears, and Walmart. We offer a large selection of new and factory reconditioned power tools, hand tools, outdoor equipment, automotive supplies, and accessories from top brands and specialty manufacturers. CPO has been recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing private companies in America.
- Develop and implement marketing/advertising plans and budgets for customer acquisition and retention that support company’s growth and profitability.
- Consistently monitor all marketing campaigns and improve them when necessary.
- Analyze, develop and optimize customer acquisition programs (PPC, CSE, Affiliate, WTB, Retargeting, SEO, Social, etc).
- Maximize customer lifetime value by segmenting and optimizing our email campaigns (promotional and triggered).
- Prepare regular reports and presentations on marketing metrics for the president and leadership team.
- Provide thought leadership in crafting and implementing customer strategies that maximize sales and profitability.
- Build relationships with media and stakeholders through creative PR strategies.
- Conduct market analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth.
- Draw insights from market and competitive intelligence to pursue opportunities aligned with customer and Essendant objectives.
- Synthesize marketing strategies and insights from customers and manufacturers with analytical data to develop marketing plans and improve promotional success.
- Assist in the continuous refinement of on-site customer experience to streamline the customer’s purchase process and improve conversion.
- Externally, be the voice of the CPO brand, ensuring we communicate consistently across all marketing channels.
- Internally, act as “voice of the customer” and convey opportunities and issues to internal and external stakeholders.
- Continuously enhance team efficiency and effectiveness through process improvements.
- Effectively manage deliverables, report on performance, and communicate expectations with team and stakeholders.
- Manages people, processes, budgets, performance management, compliance activities, and associate development as required by the job.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates ability to work collaboratively across multi-functional teams and with partners across all levels of the organization, with proven track record of building positive relationships with internal stakeholders and external customers to drive initiatives to successful completion.
- Gathers and analyzes the most critical information needed to understand problems, making sure to consider broad company and customer implications.
- Develops realistic plans (e.g., action steps, timelines) to accomplish objectives by prioritizing and balancing time, actions, resources, and initiatives to ensure achievement of critical goals.
- Possesses strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with internal & external end users, traditional Marketing & IT teams, and leadership.
- Continually searches for ways to improve the customer experience, ensuring that customer feedback and insights are leveraged to identify improvement opportunities.
- Ability to be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity as definition of the changes necessary to grow and changes to the current experience to the next level are identified.
- Performs other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required, assigned and directed.
Education and Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business administration and 6+ years relevant experience in ecommerce, digital marketing, or mobile based businesses. MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills with ability to set direction and follow through with team members.
- Prior marketing experience in consumer retail/ecommerce or catalog, with detailed knowledge of mobile, B2C and/or B2B eCommerce, and retail selling processes preferred.
- Experience running and optimizing large scale marketing campaigns and developing strategies to increase customer lifetime value is preferred.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, financial and problem-solving skills with an interest in working with data. Google Analytics or Omniture experience preferred.
- Proficiency in web architectures, e-commerce & supporting technologies, and sophisticated analytics.
- Experience in project management, planning, and process improvement, as well as problem analysis and resolution experience at both a strategic and functional level is preferred.
- Experience hiring, managing, developing and leading a team of people who consistently hit their objectives preferred.
- Excellent product sensibility and ability to market assortment in an appealing way.