The Digital Marketing Manager is an experienced and innovative performance marketer in the digital space. This position delivers measurable results across various digital platforms and is responsible for the development and execution of the performance marketing strategy for prAna.com. This position is focused on acquiring and retaining customers alongside maintaining ROAS and driving overall revenue. This position leverages various paid digital marketing channels and SEO best practices to acquire and retain customers while maintaining ROAS and delivering on revenue projections.
This position is highly technical and data-driven, understanding data feed management, on-site SEO enhancements and analytics set up and maintenance. This position understands the levers to pull to advance a consumer through the various stages of the shopping funnel. This position is also highly analytical and can drive complex programs to improve overall eCommerce demand.
This position combines creative thinking, exceptional communication skills, and detail orientation to deliver a consistent and relevant brand experience with performance marketing. This position has one direct report and works closely with the Brand Marketing team, leveraging brand direction and messaging, to develop and execute a comprehensive channel strategy. He / She will work closely with eCommerce Operations, Customer Marketing, Digital Design, Web Development, IT/IS, Analytics, UX, and 3rd party vendors. He / She will be familiar and comfortable in a matrixed organization.
HOW YOU'LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Partner with Brand Marketing to understand overall seasonal marketing campaigns.
- Develop and presents a comprehensive digital channel campaign strategy and results in leadership seasonally including key tactics, measurements, and results.
- Ensure the role of each channel is clearly laid out for each campaign and ROAS targets are identified and met.
- (SEM, Display/Retargeting, Social Ads, Shopping Feeds, Affiliate Marketing, and SEO).
- Manage 3rd party agencies to identify and implement new and innovative ways to acquire and retain new customers.
- Lead coordination of digital marketing asset needs providing briefs and guidance along the process Manage on-time delivery of assets to vendors/agencies.
- Maintain YOY history/details on campaigns and promotions launched, run dates, and performance.
- Provide Customer Service and Retail teams with ample lead time and information related to digital campaigns, regardless of channel.
- Keep agencies informed of key objectives, priorities, timelines, and budget parameters; provide marketing promotional materials, and deliver briefs.
- Manage digital marketing campaigns and ensure alignment with business objectives and budget, working with agencies (e.g. SEM, Display/Retargeting, Social Ads, Shopping Feeds, Affiliate Marketing, SEO, Email, etc.)
- Work closely with the Merchandising team to coordinate product highlights across digital efforts to ensure cohesive messaging.
- Manage agencies to optimize key drivers influencing traffic, sales growth and positive ROAS Own the RFP processes for vetting and onboarding of new agencies and vendors Paid Search.
- Own the overall Paid Search performance for domestic & international efforts (Paid Search, Google Shopping, etc.)
- Plan all Paid Search campaigns ensuring branded and non-branded efforts are accounted for, driving positive growth in new & returning visits to prAna.com.
- Execute on all Paid Search efforts, increasing traffic & maintaining a positive ROAS, ensuring prAna brand standards are maintained.
- Expand programs through strong vendor management and campaign execution.
- Measure and report on performance at the campaign level, providing a monthly program overview & reporting recap.
- Own the overall Affiliate performance & growth for domestic & international efforts.
- Plan all partner campaigns ensuring positive program growth.
- Identify new opportunities for program expansion, gain approval, and execute.
- Drive the growth of all partner campaigns increasing click active publisher growth and traffic to prAna.com.
- Execute on both international and domestic efforts, maintaining positive ROAS while ensuring prAna brand standards are maintained.
- Measure and report on program performance, providing a monthly overview & recap.
- Hold network vendors accountable for program visibility and reporting needs.
- Own the overall performance of Amazon Marketing AMG & AMS efforts.
- Plan all Amazon Marketing campaigns in partnership with strategic account direction provided by Wholesale.
- Drive the execution of all campaigns to maximum efficiency, with a positive ROAS, ensuring prAna brand standards are maintained.
- Measure and report on performance, merging data sources to provide a monthly program overview and reporting recap.
- Manage agency to ensure season launches are supported with required site elements including page titles, product descriptions, metadata, etc.
- Partner with Brand team to ensure the content strategy is flushed out, in partnership with the agency, and launched at seasonally relevant times.
- Work closely with the Site Manager to ensure data accuracy on all page creation and maintenance.
- Partner with the web development team on back end infrastructure support as needed.
- Evaluate and optimize the performance of all digital marketing efforts on a consistent basis, holding all vendors accountable to performance goals Maintain knowledge of best practices, tools, and metrics to stay ahead of industry trends Ensure all digital marketing requirements are delivered on time for promotional launches in coordination with eCommerce, Creative, Brand, Retail and Development teams
Budget & Analytics
- Manage the digital marketing budget to optimal efficiency, tracking spend, and ensuring ROAS goals are met.
- Manage digital marketing expense report process, ensuring all vendors adhere to payment terms and approvals meet deadlines.
- Communicate spend pacing and accrual needs to enterprise accounting teams and leadership.
- Establish and coordinate monthly digital marketing reporting, including visual recaps of campaigns & promotions, working with digital agencies, customer marketing, and analytics.
- Report on campaign performance relative to budget weekly to management.
- Participate in direct to consumer sales performance meetings, bringing weekly highlights and action items on respective channel performance.
- Work with agencies on ROAS performance and campaign optimization; report on performance indicators and needed adjustments.
- Provide weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting.
Leadership & People Management
- Lead and manage multiple agencies and one direct report.
- Hire, inspire, and develop team members.
- Show up as a motivational leader, working collaboratively across all functions of the organization enterprise-wide.
- Provide coaching and career guidance to a direct report.
- Prepare and conduct performance assessments and pay reviews.
Education and Experience Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree required in a relevant field.
- 5+ years leading high-performance digital marketing teams, preferably within the apparel space.
- 5 to 10 years working within the digital marketing and eCommerce space, preferably within apparel.
- 5+ years managing digital vendors/agencies.
- Motivational and inspirational leader.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Creative and strategic thinking.
- Proven success working collaboratively across cross-functional teams.
- Experience analyzing digital performance metrics (e.g. conversion rate, click-thru rate).
- Knowledge of Email Marketing Programs and Email Service Providers (ESPs) preferred.
- Knowledge of consumer behavior and how to apply in the realm of digital marketing.
Technical Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in Paid Search/SEM/Google AdWords, Google Shopping, SEO.
- Proficient with Data Feed Management.
- Proficient with Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics.
- Proficient with paid Social Media, Affiliate, and Display Marketing.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook).
- Knowledge and experience with Data Visualization Tools (i.e. Tableau) a plus.
- Knowledge of Amazon AMS Marketing.
- Consumer-focused with a desire to create positive customer experience via digital marketing; ability to understand from consumer’s perspective.
- Motivational leadership and team management.
- Initiative, proactive, self-directed.
- Results-driven, goal-oriented.
- Ability to manage and prioritize against aggressive deadlines; attention to detail and accuracy for project execution.
- Analytical and creative skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work with changing priorities, evolving responsibilities, and scope of work in a rapidly growing company.
- Team-oriented and collaborative.
- Effective communicator verbally and in writing, with customers and colleagues.
- Effective time management, planning, and prioritizing skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving, critical thinking.
- Organized, detail-oriented.
- Ability to operate in the spirit of service (SEVA) in how we treat our customers and each other.