Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for Digital Marketing IT Manager for the Medical Device Global Marketing Product Line. The primary location is Irvine, CA and may require periodic Domestic and International travel.
Our Medical Devices business segment produces a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of orthopedics, neurological disease, vision care, diabetes care, infection prevention, diagnostics, cardiovascular disease, and aesthetics.
This individual will work closely with business user groups, agency partners, digital capability and development teams to translate business needs into clearly and easily understood agile user stories to deliver capabilities/solutions/applications that meet acceptance criteria.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage dynamic application portfolio
- Program Oversight: Report on the progress of workstreams/projects/programs within scope of responsibility. Manage tools necessary to proactively report on cross-franchise portfolio / project status, financials, technical strategy and plans across all areas - i.e. projects/enhancement work/support; Have a combination of global and regional accountability depending on the program/project
- Ability to work with technology and business leaders to engage in prioritization conversations providing clarity on key considerations and tradeoffs. Understand business value and impact of projects/programs within scope of responsibility.
- Ability to incorporate / facilitate an end-to-end view of projects within scope of responsibility, including highlighting dependencies with other business/functional groups to ensure successful end-to-end delivery
- Participate in business planning activities by identifying future business demand and ensuring appropriate funding is in business plans, partner with technology/business stakeholders as required
- Partner with capability/platform teams and development teams to shape technical and solution strategy / approach; proactively suggest technical approaches and capabilities solutions in line with technical/business strategy
- Understands IT system(s) that the business partner group uses, maps out business processes/roadmaps to serve as reference for development and IT support. Ability to represent/map needs of franchises and represent any unique business needs. Ability to partner with other technology groups (ex. Architecture, capability teams) to propose future state technology/architecture recommendations, where applicable
- Work with capability analysts on project estimation, ensuring consistent, timely and comprehensive estimates with documented assumptions. Partner with other technology teams to efficiently initiate new work once approved.
- Agile User Requirements: Understands the role of a Product Owner and the Backlog prioritization process
- Agile User Requirements: Works with business partners to identify/document/translate requirements for IT sprint cycles and in a consumable format and terminology for developers (includes user stories, acceptance criteria, wireframes...etc). Explains to the business how requirements may be implemented from a functional standpoint.
- Responsible for writing epics, user stories, clarifying acceptance criteria, organizing and conducting user/system testing
- Understands the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and ability to apply SAFe methodology
- Proactively understand technology landscape within scope of responsibility, seek internal and external insights to shape technology approach and vision for franchises within area of responsibility
- Applies compliance requirements within scope of responsibility, provides documentation and participates in compliance activities as required.
- Partner with capability/platform teams to deliver commitments within scope of responsibility.
- Connect across JJT and partner teams to shape delivery/support models, increase project delivery, improve intake processes, and measure resource spend, within scope of responsibility
- Deliver on lifecycle management within scope of responsibility as measured through program metrics
- Provide coaching/guidance to peers, junior team members, co-ops and/or consultants.
- Ability to manage full time associates (if required) as well as contractors and oversee day to day activities of indirect and/or direct staff
- Apply principles, concepts, and practices of the J&J Leadership Imperatives.
- BA/BS degree with a minimum of 8+ years of relevant IT experience OR 6+ years with advanced/master's degree or equivalent is required.
- Self-starter with strong teamwork abilities and ability to shape/manage complexity
- Hands-on experience supporting a broad multi-business/franchise project portfolio
- Has current knowledge of industry and business process trends related to Digital Marketing.
- Has domain knowledge of Marketing Function and experience developing/configuring IT solutions for key processes within Digital Marketing.
- Experience with Agile methodologies, including user story creation, backlog prioritization, coordination with scrum teams and UAT is required; Understands the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and ability to apply SAFe methodology
- Quickly learns business and complex processes, along with ability to understand and work across multiple business domains in support of projects.
- Strong communication / critical thinking / influencing skills
- Ability to partner with development teams
- Experience implementing Web Sites, digital marketing campaigns, social marketing campaigns, advanced analytics, eDetailing, eCommerce, digital asset management
- Experience working with cross-regional/global IT and Cross-Functional Teams
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Must be skilled in building strong cross-functional partnerships.
- Experience with leading multi-company teams and global efforts are preferred.
- Demonstrated ability for a rapid understanding of business processes, and their technology implications.
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture and development methodologies preferred
- Proven experience in best practices in: Digital Marketing (Web, Digital Asset Management), eDetailing, Brand Management, Campaign Management/Marketing, Social Marketing, mobile apps, Channel Management, Marketing Innovation and Marketing Insights / OmniChannel Analytics is preferred.
- People leadership experience is preferred
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)
Non Operating Companies