This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization within UPS, leveraging new technologies to help make UPS's marketing efforts more data and analytics driven. The Digital Data Platform team partners withcampaign owners, channel owners, media agencies, data scientists, and IT to develop new audiences and deliver them to the activation platforms that support the targeting and personalization of all channels, including ups.com, paid media, and email. In addition, the team ensures that quality performance data is captured and tools are developed to supportdigital performance reporting and audience insights mining.
The Digital Marketing Data Manager is responsible for data systems supporting UPS’s digital marketing strategy, including the Customer Data Platform, and owns the overall digital marketing data architecture. He/She develops the platform roadmap based on the needs of marketing stakeholders and manages the delivery of future developments to these systems. The Digital Marketing Data Manager ensures the data collected, transformed, and managed in these platforms supports the segmentation, execution, and reporting needs of marketers. He/She leads development of new audience traits, audience segments, metrics, and dashboards in support of digital marketing campaigns. This position serves as Marketing’s primary point of contact with IT on these systems. The Digital Marketing Data Manager manages others.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversees data collection workflows for all paid and owned media channels into the Customer Data Platform
- Designs and develops digital marketing data repositories and Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes in support of the segmentation, analytics, and reporting needs of the business
- Develops and manages the data model in the Customer Data Platform to meet the analysis needs of the business
- Develops and maintains digital marketing performance reporting tools and develops new dashboards as required by stakeholders
- Develops a data governance model, data policies, and standards, and maintains best practices for acquisition, storage, and analysis of digital marketing data
Knowledge and Skills
- Deep experience building data pipelines in the Hadoop and Spark ecosystem, including experience with Hive, HBase, Cassandra, Sqoop, and Oozie
- Strong knowledge of data modeling principles and best practices in building analytics repositories in SQL and NoSQL environments
- Strong coding skills in SQL, Hive QL, Spark, and Python
- Understanding of Master Data Management practices and experience building 360 customer views
- Experience manipulating and analyzing impression/view-level digital marketing performance data, including data from web analytics platforms, ad serving platforms, and email marketing/marketing automation platforms