Reporting to the Senior Executive Director, Donor Recruitment & Marketing, you will oversee the strategic design, development, and management of all digital properties, communications and the integration of online and off-line channels for the New York Blood Center Enterprise and its affiliates. Successful candidate will develop strategies to deliver concise, inspiring and engaging communications to increase brand awareness, create donor engagement opportunities, acquire new and retain existing donors, and promote the value of blood donation. This position can be based in either New York City, or our Newark, Delaware location.
- Developing and implementing digital marketing communication strategies to increase awareness and understanding of the NYBC-e’s mission and key messages.
- Ensuring all digital tactics are part of and aligned with an integrated marketing communications plan to maximize effectiveness, reach and frequency.
- Creating and managing an editorial calendar and content pipeline to ensure continuous and compelling storytelling around our mission.
- Planning, writing and editing content for distribution on various digital channels including social media, E-newsletters, blogs, videos, email and in-center CCTV.
- Managing multiple web and social media properties ensuring messages, images, graphics and other content are created, executed and distributed in a timely fashion.
- Working with affiliates to understand nuances in community needs, messaging and customizes content and channels.
- Managing the day-to-day distribution of communications across all digital channels.
- Maintaining brand consistency across all platforms for each affiliate.
- Serving on multiple project and/or communications teams across the Enterprise, providing “expert” voice on digital marketing.
- Monitoring and reporting on digital analytics and adjusting strategies and tactics
- Handling other related functions as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or Communications
- 5+ years’ experience in a Communications role at agencies and/or in-house
- 3+ years’ experience in digital marketing with a focus on content development, search engine marketing (SEM) and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Experience developing effective and engaging communication plans that leverage multiple platforms, including digital, audio, video, text messaging, and social media.
- Superior copywriting and copyediting skills
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and other digital analytic platforms
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated ability to interpret data, draw conclusions, and drive discussion for decision making
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet demands of the role (occasional evenings/weekends)
- Ability to prioritize competing needs and work across and within multiple teams
- Willingness to travel 1-2 times per month