About H-E-B H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
In addition to our stores, HEB operates 13 manufacturing Plants across Bakery, Dairy, Snacks, Meat Processing, Meal Prep, Floral, Print and Packaging industries.
H-E-B is investing in our Plant's digital footprint, reinventing our systems and data capabilities across all aspects of Plant operations and Manufacturing execution – from OT to IT.
H-E-B's Digital Manufacturing group is a new team within H-E-B's Digital organization; committed to delivering this technology transformation in partnership with H-E-B's Manufacturing Division. Candidates to join this team must be excited by the potential of delivering various systems from the plant floor to senior leadership.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that makes H-E-B The Greatest Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... ability to lead / influence stakeholders?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... expertise to collaborate / lead with technically diverse, cross-functional project teams?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... drive to champion a strategic technology roadmap that can transform H-E-B Manufacturing?
What we are looking for…
- You are passionate about developing a world-class team.
- You have experience leading technical teams to deliver product features and platform improvements.
- You're passionate about building and mentoring high performing engineering teams.
- SQL Server - SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, Jobs
- .Net Batch applications
- ASP.NET Security patterns
- TFS, TFVC, GIT
- You are able to juggle multiple, business-critical needs and keep your team focused and positive.
- You have experience using agile methodologies to plan and deliver increments of functionality.
- You focus on producing results and have a creative mindset to push beyond boundaries.
- You have 4+ years of experience in engineering management experience
- You have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related technical discipline.
- Experience delivering technology in a Manufacturing environment is considered an advantage.
What You'll Do
- You will be part of a larger Digital Manufacturing team with a mission to change the technology landscape for H-E-B's Manufacturing Division.
- You will recruit, coach and grow high performing developers in a team dedicated to coding custom solutions to manufacturing business challenges.
- You will lead project management for your team and take ownership of your team's delivery in close collaboration with delivery teams, business analysts, and other engineering teams.
- You will drive iterative and on-time delivery of software.
- You'll guide team members to make sound technical decisions and integrate with multiple systems to provide a seamless user experience.
- You will guide your engineers to deliver technology solutions to improve user experience and drive business value.
- You will champion engineering best practices such as code reviews and test automation.
- You'll identify recurring issues and opportunities to improve the delivery process, employee's success, and business success.
What are the perks?
- A robust Benefits plan with coverage starting Day One
- An 80/20 PPO medical plan with a $30 copay for in-network primary care
- Dental plans, Vision plan, voluntary insurance plans, and flexible spending accounts (FSA) available
- The Partner Care Team, for any time you have healthcare or coverage questions
- Partner Guidance allows free counselor visits, up to 5 times per year for each issue
- Telehealth offers 24/7 access to board-certified doctors over the phone
- Funeral leave, Jury Duty, and Military pay (subject to applicable law)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability coverage after 90 days
- Maternal / Paternal Leave for new parents, adoptions included
- Eligibility for 401(k) participation after 6 months
- Eligibility for quarterly bonuses based on company performance
- 10% off H-E-B brand products in-store and online after 90 days
- Access to other savings (gyms, phone, hotels, and more) through online discount program after 90 days
- Opportunity to become a "Partner-Owner" after 12 months of employment