YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Digital Learning Manager will be responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of a training curriculum that builds staff capacity and expertise around digitaltechnology at The Nature Conservancy.
The Digital Learning Manager will work towards meeting strategic business priorities by developing and coordinating training tactics in support of the digital program within the Marketing division at TNC. S/he will collaborate with subject matter experts and staff at all levels in order to develop training initiatives and materials. S/he will assess training needs and provide advice and recommendations in the process of developing training curriculums that will be delivered through a variety of methods. S/he will provide support to evaluate and maintain existing training programs. S/he will deliver trainings and/or develop learning tools, including producing documentation and/or setting up technology-based training environments. S/he will provide technical expertise regarding design, methods, and techniques for training programs. S/he maintains expert knowledge of the systems and resources utilized by the team, providing organization support, and designing communications related to the resources. S/he will analyze situations, evaluate alternatives, modify processes and practices, and implement solutions in order to improve effectiveness. S/he will keep up-to-date on best practices in order to improve services. S/he will serve as a member of the digital team reporting to the Director of MarketingTechnology.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
• Oversee the research, design, implementation and management of a training curriculum for digitaltechnology systems and digital initiatives.
• Design, develop, and facilitate a training program to support the implementation of a new web content management system.
• Consult with subject matter experts to determine current and future training and development needs.
• Coordinate with key stakeholders to validate requirements and training design, delivery, and management.
• Recommend efficient learning delivery methods / environments (i.e. online, webinar, classroom, etc.) to optimize the learning experience.
• Review vendor provided documentation for applicable digital systems and become proficient in systems to write procedures and train end users.
• Participate in system demonstrations to ascertain key features for purposes of training and documentation.
• Compose tailored instructions, procedures and manuals to end users incorporating both explanations and logical operating instructions for applicable new and existing digital technology.
• Gather feedback and approval on learning materials from subject matter experts and senior leadership.
• Provide live one-on-one or group training for new digital technology or initiatives.
• Review existing procedures to ensure they ar current with regard to new features, releases, and enhancements.
• Maintain comprehensive knowledge of all digital technology systems and procedures.
• Keep abreast of current trends in talent development, effective learning styles, and instructional design strategies.
• Does not supervise any staff but may take a leadership role on cross-functional teams to coordinate work of peers.
• Lead project teams as assigned for the development and implementation of new initiatives or the improvement of existing programs.
• Provide oversight for one or more key functions of the team.
• Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information.
• Travel as need, including long and/or flexible hours as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5 years related experience or equivalent combination
• Experience managing and implementing multiple projects
• Experience with current technology in relevant field
• Experience working with cross-functional teams
• Experience, coursework, or other training in current and evolving trends in training, curriculum design, distance learning, and web based design.
• Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experiences are appreciated;
• Ability to design job-related, interactive exercises;
• Ability to work in partnership with others in a collaborative role;
• Advanced knowledge in current and evolving technology related to field of experience;
• Degree in education, instructional design or related;
• Demonstrated ability to conceive and write creatively for various audiences and excellent presentation skills;
• Demonstrated ability to design, develop, and deliver classroom and web-based materials and learning tools;
• Experience conducting learning needs analysis; and/or
• Understanding of the principles of adult and distance learning.