The Hartford is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the role of a Sr. Digital Business Analyst to support the Business Analysis function within the Group Benefits IT Digital Portfolio of applications and capital invest projects. This role will provide current state analysis, elicit business enhancement needs, document specification changes to the applications, conduct analytics towards optimal solutions and create integration mappings between systems. In addition, the incumbent will assist with driving strategic decisions and providing leadership/mentoring to other BA’s, support the business in evaluating options, support the development team in understanding the changes needed and support QA with creating test materials and defect resolution. The individual will be based in Hartford and report to the Director GB Digital IT Lead.
Group Benefits sets high goals for team members in order to help ensure project excellence, successful production delivery and to exceed our business customer expectations. These principals are:
Operate beyond core skill set to:
- Work in teams outside discipline to solve problems
- Take ownership and accountability of project and program items
- Act as a thought leader and drive towards results
- Bring innovation and lead by example
- Demonstrate flexibility and a positive attitude
- Understand business objectives and align to work
- Understanding of business objectives and project program role
- Strong Technical Acumen
- Ability to build strong business customer relationships
- 10+ years of Business Analysis and Application Development Life Cycle diverse work experience in IT, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience is desirable. Strong The Hartford experience desired, however similar experience in Insurance industry may be acceptable
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience leading a peer Team of BA’s to upskill responsibilities related to emerging digital technologies.
- Familiarity with Front-End Application Development platforms, techniques and implementations, including frameworks such as Node.js, AngularJS, Angular4, etc.
- Experience with HTTP/HTTPS and other Internet protocols, JSON, XML and other protocol standards
- Experience with Front-End UI design and best practices, including responsive design
- Experience with content managements systems (OWCS, etc.) and associated content strategies for Front-End UI development
- Experience in working under Agile development methodology
- Experience in writing UI Specifications
- Experience in a business analyst role, following the Software Development Lifecycle with demonstrated proficiency at requirements planning and monitoring, requirements elicitation, requirements analytics and documentation, and providing support from solution design, test phases, implementation through to post-implementation.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with the ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with developing estimates and prioritizing deliverables.
- Strong written and oral communication skill with the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audience. Experienced facilitator with strong presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization (e.g. entry level end-user through to Senior Management) and demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Strategic thinking skills. Ability to provide options and assess solutions, looking at the business holistically.
- Understanding of current and emerging IT products, services, processes and methodologies.
- Experience working in a multi-sourced, offshore delivery centers and shared services environment is a plus
What Else Can You Tell Me? The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certifications.