At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector (GPS) practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
Our GPS Technology Organization is a structure within the US GPS practice that implements and maintains a new operate and technology model designed specifically to support U.S. defense and Government engagements.
As the Digital Forensics & Incident Response (DFIR) Analyst, you’ll exercise strong incident management techniques to coordinate security incident response to information security events or incidents stemming from suspected internal or external threats.
Your key responsibilities
- Acquire/collect computer artifacts (e.g., malware, system/user logs, data artifacts) in support of Cyber Defense engagements
- Triage system assets and determine evidentiary value
- Correlate forensic findings to network events in support of developing an intrusion narrative
- Collect and document system state information (e.g. running processes, network connections)
- Perform forensic triage of an incident to include determining scope, urgency and potential impact
- Track and document forensic analysis from initial participation through resolution
- Collect, process, preserve, analyze and present computer related evidence while maintaining chain of custody requirements
- Coordinate with GPS Enclave staff and Enclave support personnel to validate/investigate alerts or additional preliminary findings
- Conduct analysis of forensic images, and available evidence in support of forensic write-ups for inclusion in reports and written products
- Assist to document and publishing Computer Network Defense (CND) guidance and reports pertaining to incident findings
- The role will likely be 100% remote and require <10% travel
- Occasional weekend and off hours work to support the business. It will also require a rotational on-call schedule.
Skills and attributes for success
- Demonstrated integrity and judgment within a professional environment
- Ability to appropriately balance work/personal priorities
- Ability to work independently
- Have a global mind-set for working with different cultures and backgrounds
- Knowledgeable in business industry standard security incident response process, procedures, and life-cycle
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent teaming skills
- Excellent social, communication, and writing skills
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Strong comprehension of incident response plans and coordination of activities
- Foundational skills in incident response, incident management, chain of custody, forensics, event analysis
- Hands on cyber security skills
- Sense of diplomacy
- Ability to anticipate obstacles
- Decision-making skills to handle the fast-paced world of incident management
To qualify for the role, you must have
- BS Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering or related degree; or HS Diploma & 4-6 years of host or digital forensics experience.
- Ability to Obtain and Maintain Top Secret Security Clearance
- 5 years of direct relevant experience in cyber forensic investigations using leading edge technologies and industry standard forensic tools
- Ability to create forensically sound duplicates of evidence (forensic images)
- Ability to author cyber investigative reports documenting digital forensics findings
- Proficiency with analysis and characterization of cyber-attacks
- Proficiency with proper evidence handing procedures and chain of custody protocols
- Skilled in identifying different classes of attacks and attack stages (Mitre Att&ck)
- Understanding of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities
- Able to work collaboratively across physical and virtual locations
- Action-oriented and have a proactive approach to problem solving
- Proficiency with Windows OS.
Ideally, you’ll also
- Advanced experience and proficiency across various aspects of IT operations (e.g. networking, virtualization, identity, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data management, governance)
- Experience and understanding in acquisition, processing and analysis of digital evidence from cloud native platforms
- Proficiency with scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python, Powershell, JS) for automation of hunt tools used in commercial cloud environments
- Ability to develop tools, architecture and configurations in Azure environment to support identifying threat actor activity.
- Understanding of Azure administration, M365 administration and/or development/DevOps, with advanced level skills in at least one of these domains
- Understand of how Azure/M365 platform protection is implemented and what security operations features are made available
- Fundamental understanding of NIST 800-171 and CMMC Level 3 security controls
- One or more of the following certifications:
- EnCE, FTK, CISSP
- AZ-900: Azure Fundamentals
- AZ-500: Azure Security Technologies
- SANS SEC504: Hacker Tools, Techniques, Exploits, and Incident Handling
- SANS SEC401: Security Essentials - Network, Endpoint, and Cloud
- SANS FOR509: Enterprise Cloud Forensics and Incident Response