What you will do:
- You will build highly efficient and scalable Java/Groovy applications.
- You will implement software in the Services ecosystem, using open-source solutions with a focus on customer experience, sophistication and scale.
- You will assist the team in adding enhancements to our system, refactoring technical debt, and researching new technologies and frameworks.
- You will join an agile team; participating in stand-ups, iteration planning, design reviews and other typical agile ceremonies.
- You will lead in the design, development, deployment and support of software to create business value. You will provide expertise in software development lifecycle phases from concept and design to testing and deployment. You will support applications in production.
- You will take a test-first mindset, and strive for minimizing software defects.
- You will be a valuable teammate, yet be capable of working independently on your own initiative. You will take an active role in ensuring the success of the team.
- You will take an active role in identifying process issues and suggestions for improvement.
- You will learn and teach others. The team is built on the premise that learning is never-ending and essential.
- You may direct the work of a small team of software developers
The impact you will have:
- You will make contributions on a complex, high-scale solution stack serving strategically important business functionality.
- You will design and implement systems that offer best-in-class resilience and customer experience and watch them stand up to massive holiday load spikes.
Skills & Requirements:
You are experienced at building web applications and services using object-oriented programming languages, preferably in Java/Groovy with frameworks like Spring and REST. You can write testable, readable, and organized code.
- Programming for concurrency & scalability
- RESTful service patterns
- Test-driven development
- Frameworks like Spring, Jersey, Spock
- Caching technologies such as Ehcache and Memcached
- Parallel processing and threading
- Continuous Integration
- Automated testing
- Object-oriented concepts
- 6+ years of experience developing scalable software in a service-oriented architecture
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent work experience); additional 2 years of experiencerequired without a degree