Buy is one of the largest multi-channel consumer electronics retailers in the world withtechnology at its center. Best Buy has recently opened a new Technology Development Center in Seattle's South Lake Union to help fuel growth and spur innovation as we continue to create exceptional experiences for our customers. You will have the opportunity to focus on mobile development and evolving the omni-channel customer experience.
Do you want to directly impact how millions of customers shop on their devices? Do you enjoy interesting and challenging projects? We are looking for Developers who are passionate about creating amazing mobile experiences and apps. This is a great opportunity to join a world leader in mobile commerce and directly impact the lives of a global population while having fun and working on interesting and challenging projects.
What you'll do:
- Work as a part of a world-class Android and React Native engineering team that delivers amazing results through rapid iterations
- Build meaningful experiences for customers in React Native or Native.
- Directly contribute to feature design, architecture, implementation, employee growth and happiness
- Interact directly with peer developers, Product Management, Design, QA and remote server-side engineering groups as part of a cohesive team
- Inspire others with your passion for mobile development and the services that power these experiences
- Work with cutting edge technologies like in-store beacons, image recognition, advancedgeo-location, and IoT
- 4+ years of experience with Android app development
- Minimum of 6 years related software development experience with Bachelors degree; additional 2 years experience without BS/BA
- Would like you to have developed/published at least one relevant mobile offering on Android and preferably multiple different platforms
- Hands-on experience with React/React Native and how it integrates with native Android platform
- You feel at home in a test-driven, agile team
- Proficiency with Object Oriented Design principles and patterns
- Experience with Retrofit, Butterknife, Espresso (automation), etc. is a bonus
- Excellent interpersonal skills - you must be comfortable in small and large groups and interacting with senior executives
- Flexible problem solving ability
- Strong product focus; we expect everyone to do what is needed to deliver the best product for our customers
- Excellent communication skills
- Someone who likes to create new things, both inside and outside the work environment