The Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) Product Technology Center (PTC) is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer II with strong Digital Electronics design and analysis skillsto join our team.
The Mission of the PTC is to develop best in industry technologies that align product capabilities
to the needs of our customer.We will empower our people to leverage design commonality and innovation, balancing risk and rigor, to achieve predictable and affordable solutions.
We are looking for candidates willing to collaborate, innovate, and team with our engineers to generate and utilize today’s cutting-edge technology to design digital electronics circuits that implement missile guidance, video and digital signal processing. Our technology base includes high-speed digital electronics, configurable logic, and homogeneous / heterogeneous multiprocessor designs.
The Mission Computers and Processors Department provides digital electronic circuit cards and electronic units which are supported from proposal through transition to production. Our systems are subject to environments ranging from the frigid, sub-zero vacuum of space, to the blistering heat of the desert floor, to the high pressures of the ocean depths.
Please Note: This position can be a Sr. Electrical Engineer II or Principal Electrical Engneer based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
Senior Designer or Electrical Engineer to contribute to the design, analysis, simulation, test, and integration of digital electronic modules and/or CCAs for Missile applications. The Senior Electrical Engineer must be experienced in all aspects of circuit card design from concept through delivery to higher level assemblies as evidenced by multiple successful design completions (including hardware designs with processors, FPGAs, memory, and industry interfaces, such as PCIe, Ethernet, I2C, UART).This position will function in multi-disciplined design teams across multiple projects.This person will be the Responsible Engineering Authority (REA) for development of one or more complex modules, CCAs or units and will be expected to apply rigorous and systematic design processes to ensure total design compliance.This position will interface with Integrated Product Team Leads (IPTL) and stake holders to ensure program objectives are achieved.
The position requires frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, concepts and techniques.Candidates will be expected to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, working under general supervision.Successful candidate should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive.
U.S Citizenship required
- Active Secret DoD security clearance (U.S. Citizen ship is required) or the ability to obtain and retain one.
- Minimum of 6 years Engineering design experience, with at least 2 years in a senior position
- A self-motivated and effective communicator
- Ability to prioritize work of others and handle multiple tasks at a time
- Experience in the development and design of electronic circuit designs, multi-assembly system/unit design, processor designs a plus
- Proven ability to take a design concept from the block diagram or requirements level and develop a complete hardware design, and verifying via test and integration
- Experience with PCB design tasks and proven ability to use tools to design (schematic capture), analyze and simulate designs prior to hardware execution.
- Experience with embedded test techniques, design for test, design margin analysis and design for production
- A strong advocate for process improvement
- Experience in managing schedule and resources to meet assigned milestones
- Capable of functioning in multi-disciplined design teams across multiple projects
- Experience using Mentor Graphics Design Creation tools: DxDesigner, xDX Designer VX, and Constraint Editor System (CES)
- Experience using Mentor Graphics PCB electronic circuit design software: HyperLynx signal integrity, power integrity, and analog simulation, Xpedition Enterprise (xPCB)
- Experience with intellectual property generation (patents & publications)
- Team and project leadership skills
- Knowledge of software and/or FPGA code development
- Experience leading a program transition from development to production
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical and schedule risks and to identify cost reduction opportunities
- Knowledgeable in cost/schedule development and management
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (MS preferred) or similar degree and meets the experience