Semtech Corporation is a leading supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors for high-end consumer, enterprise computing, communications, and industrial equipment. As our future market opportunities have increased in recent years, we have continued to invest in disruptive analog platforms and have created innovative new solutions for a wide range of leading edge products.
The Wireless and Sensing Product Group located in our San Diego office has unique expertise in system level platform solutions for Touch & Proximity Sensing Products. These are the world's lowest power touch-interface solutions integrated with highly accurate ADCs for enhanced sensing performance. These ultra-small, feature-rich touch controllers are optimized for a wide range of battery-powered, portable applications such as mobile phones, digital still cameras, media players, GPS, portable computers, handheld gaming devices and other consumer electronics.
As a Digital IC designer, you will be involved in the design and validation of the next generations of our touch and proximity sensing products
Job duties & responsibilities:
- Architect digital systems (CPU and FSM based)
- Implement digital systems (CPU, FSM, peripherals, I2C, SPI, analog controls, etc)
- Interface analog blocks (work with analog team to understand the need)
- Perform digital backend: Synthesis, Formal Verification, Static Timing Analysis, ATPG
- Debug and accurately determine root cause failures on functional RTL and/or verification components such as behavioral models as required.
- Assist verification team with block level and chip-level verification for mixed signal SoC
- Participate in all project related presentations and/or meetings providing verification status.
Skills & qualifications:
- Bachelor or Masters in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 3+ year's experience
- Coding in VHDL (a must), Verilog, & C/C++ for design and/or verification.
- Experience checking code for syntactical, structural and clock domain crossing correctness
- Familiar with tools such as Design Compiler, DFT Compiler, ICC, Formality, Lynx, Spyglass or Autocheck and Qverify, TetraMax or Tessent FastScan
- Experience using SystemVerilog and UVM is desired.
- Experienced with Linux/Unix platform.
- Proven understanding of analog and digital design
- Strong simulation debugging skills.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills. Good conversational English a must.
- Self-motivated & self-directed with ability to work within a small multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to multi-task & meet or exceed task deadlines.
- Hands on scripting experience (CShell, Make, TCL, Perl, Python) on a Linux/Unix platform desirable.
- Questasim logic simulator desired
- Custom CPU experience with Analog modeling in digital environments
- FPGA design and debugging