Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
Google Engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to address new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
As a member of the Digital Design team, you'll work on projects to craft the architecture and implementation for current and future chip projects, and work with the verification team to ensure proper testing of features. You will work closely with the Google product teams to ensure their goals are met with your designs. You will also work with physical and manufacturing teams to ensure that your designs are viable.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Craft architectural specifications for ASIC designs.
- Help drive internal and external users to vet architecture ideas.
- Implement specifications, working with physical design teams to ensure timing closure.
- Work with verification teams to ensure proper implementation of designs.
- 3 years of ASIC digital design experience, including SystemVerilog, scriptinglanguages and synthesis.
- Experience working in coordination with modern verification teams and principles.
- Experience with common peripherals such as PCIe, UART, I2C, SPI, etc.
- Experience in low power design and working with Python and/or other scriptinglanguages.
- Experience with processor technologies, bus protocols, boot principles, etc.
- Experience with providing portable/reusable IP.