The Persado Message Machine uses sophisticated AI, data science, computational linguistics and machine learning to generate the perfect message for every campaign by leveraging the world's most advanced marketing language knowledgebase of more than one million tagged and scored words and phrases. Marketers gain full visibility with quantifiable results and data-driven insights to identify the trends and emotional language that win every moment in the customer journey while ensuring the marketing message always reinforces brand voice.
What We Are Looking For:
As Persado embarks on the next phase of growth, we are looking for a brilliant digital design director with a full suite of hands on and visionary capabilities to be a leader in creative services, overseeing the look of all internal and outbound creative assignments while wielding the latest in digital and traditional execution solutions. The Digital Design Director is responsible for bringing the Persado brand to life with high-quality design, both static and dynamic, across internal and external facing marketing, sales, and corporate tactics. But you're at home in both the cutting edge and the traditional world, so you wield a wireless stylus on a touchpad equally as well as markers on a pad. You can pick up an iPhone to shoot videos as well as a Sony 4K/HD Pro video camera.
You will work with outside agencies, contractors, creative team members and internal clients to establish and leverage brand elements across the programs and activities that create awareness, preference and sales. These brand elements will include applying the overall look and feel to collateral, advertising, presentations, Persado's .com, digital display executions, video content, and environmental branding. The Digital Design Director will support the Creative Director in developing the look and feel for all brand creative outputs – aiding in shaping the artistic vision that defines the Persado brand.
If you are excited by design fundamentals, typography, color-theory, and layout, along with operational and leadership opportunities at the world's top AI Martech company, you are a strong candidate to serve as Persado's go-to design expert.
Reports to the Creative Director, oversees contract designers, collaborates with agencies, works closely with VP, Creative and Brand Services.
What We Want You To Do:
- Review, audit existing brand look and feel and make recommendations for modification and reinvention in concert with Creative Director
- Assess design projects and programs in the queue and allocate internal and external resources
- Review output of designer colleagues internally and externally for projects due to leadership or senior constituents
- Guide and develop internal design colleagues with skills and expertise to oversee their own mid- and low-level projects
- Secure and own top-most visible design projects with strategic support of Creative Director and VP Creative and Brand Services
- Support Webmaster with extending the brand look and feel into the .com
- For dynamic content, create storyboards, style frames, presentations to champion the brand in motion
- Work with outside agencies, creative resources, and suppliers for the development of dynamic and video content.
- Responsibility and ownership for production in house and externally of motion graphics design, from concept to creation
- Develop motion standards across all video executions, developing the look and feel of titles, lower thirds, bumpers, explainer videos, product walkthroughs, etc.
- Work closely with campaign managers to impart Brand's creative vision and provide feedback
- Share ownership of templates and guidelines and with Brand Director
- Help raise the creative bar, driving output against the lens of Persado's brand strategy
- Support the identification and implementation of solutions that support production, management and storage (in colleague-accessible libraries as well as cold storage) of static and dynamic assets.
- Communicate project statuses weekly, flagging and troubleshooting potential issues
- Contribute to the Brand look and feel by articulating the Persado story across digital and dynamic channels while also influencing parallel customer touchpoints in print and more
What We Want To See:
- 6+ years of proven experience as a hands-on, do-it-all leader for creation of static and dynamic design including mastery of Adobe Creative suite
- 5+ years video editor/producer, or similar, with skills including directing, shooting, and editing picture and sound, creating animations, motion graphics, and delivering polished videos on deadline
- Expert with After Effects, Adobe Premiere
- Proficiency with DSLR cameras and sound and lighting equipment required
- High-level conceptual thinker and visual storyteller who can effectively use cinematic techniques to solve communication challenges
- Skilled motion graphics artist with a keen sense of principles of animation; Staging, anticipation, timing, exaggeration, secondary timing, etc.
- Skilled designer who is able to adapt the brand look across multiple media
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in a fast-paced, high-demand environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to work with senior stakeholders
- Solid presentation skills, comfortable selling through storyboards and production plans to management
- Ability to take feedback and incorporate it quickly
- Expertise in applied techniques with a working knowledge of video production, post production, lighting, composition, color quality, and aesthetics
BS/BA in graphic design, video editing, animation or related education and/or certifications or equal/ relevant work experience