The Digital and Creative Services Business Partner provides oversight and guidance on digital strategy for designated US franchise. Provides oversight to ensure that digital tactics are appropriately implemented to meet the goals of the Business Units. Leads an internal creative team, overseeing the day to day operations and budget management for assigned franchise; responsible for the development of creative initiatives.
Candidate must regularly demonstrate an innovative, collaborative and forward thinking approach, as well as the ability to understand and operationalize strategic intent provided by the franchise.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with marketing to provide guidance on tactic recommendations as well as insight into best practices for design and development
- Run monthly planning/forecasting sessions for brands within assigned franchise
- Receive and review creative brief; ensuring requests handed off to design studio are clear
- Ensures continuity and clear lines of communication throughout the design process between Marketers and internal agency
Describe the essential daily job functions and include % of time spent on each.
% of Time
Job Function and Description
Strategic and Tactical Oversight
- Establish and maintain strategic and trusting relationships driving the advancement of digital tactics within designated franchise.
- Collaborate with business partners to develop and maintain best-in-class processes on the development, implementation, maintenance and measurement of digital initiatives providing evidence of ROI/Value
- Working knowledge of internal Shire guidelines (e.g. corporate branding, corporate and commercial operations compliance, digital and multi-channel marketing playbooks) to monitor adherence and meet business needs
- Manage internal supplier/agency deliverables; managing budget and time of creative services team for designated franchise
- Joins brand and outside agency teams in marketing planning sessions
- Maintains a clear understanding of each team’s pipeline and sends out weekly project status.
- Work with teams to assess all creative and digital needs
Cross-Functional –Project Management
Maintains a clear understanding ofmarketing brand teams pipeline to be able to:
- Promote Design Studio abilities
- Participate in Marketing Planning meetings, CMLR prioritization meetings, and status meetings in order to ensure business needs are met
- Establish and maintain working and trusting relationships with marketing teams and Design Studio agency.
- Provide troubleshooting/problem resolution for project owners and Design Studio agency team as needed.
- Communicate potential issues and conflicts to Shire and Design Studio management internal vendors and suppliers providing solutions and contingency plan
Education and Experience Requirements
Include educational requirements or equivalency, required years and type(s) or experience, and
necessary licenses or certificates. Specify which are required and which are preferred. For UK,
please do not use years of experience due to UK Legislation
- 5years of digital marketing and/or related interactive agency experience
- 5years of pharmaceutical or pharmaceutical digital agency experiencerequired
- Demonstrated deep subject matter expertise in non-personal media channels
- 5years of related experience in marketing, agency/supplier management, project management, marketing operations or related role within the healthcare environment
- Experienceworking withdigital analytics tool sets: Adobe analytics, Google analytics
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
Describe critical skill and abilities needed to successfully perform the job, which should be
representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite in order to effectively communicate with Design team
- Proven digital/ interactive marketing capabilities
- Must be able to supervise a team, and delegate tasks according to achieve objectives.
- Must be results oriented, with a strong attention to detail, be accurate and prompt, and be able to meet deadlines
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Must possess solid analytical, problem solving, and organization skills
- Demonstrate strong consulting ,presentation, communication and project management skills to meet business requirements
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, manage several projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and communicate potential conflicts to leadership
- Demonstrates a high degree of customer service and relationship building abilities
- Highly results-oriented with focus on creating measurable value for brand teams and the patients they support
Complexity and Problem Solving
Describe the decisions made by the incumbents on a regular basis. Include decisions within the
Incumbent’s authority to make as well as those decisions that must be referred to a higher level.
- Able to identify and measure the effectiveness and success of services and systems utilization via relevant metrics
- Must appropriately and effectively allocate limited human and financial resources to meet business needs
- Defining processes and guidelines that can be applied across all franchise teams
Internal and External Contacts
List contacts this job advises, consults, or coordinates with on a regular basis. Describe to whom the job is accountable. Indicate each Contact category (Internal, Vendor, Customer, or Other) and provide examples.
- Some interaction with digital marketing thought leaders, senior digital media and creative agency management and external customers
- Internal contacts:
- Marketing Operations
- Corporate Communications
- Legal, Medical, Regulatory
- Marketing, Sales, Patient Services, Franchises
- External contacts:
- Software vendors
- Government reporting entities
- Creative and/or digital agencies
Other Job Requirements
List any other job requirements, including travel, physical abilities required, etc.
- Ability to travel; travel as required. Travel to professional conferences as required.
- Duties will sometimes call for early or late meetings and/or attendance to meetings on holidays and weekends.
Req ID: R0018059