Voya is investing in a digital optimization journey and as part of this important work we have the opportunity to reimagine the role that content plays in the digital space. To support this work, The Digital Content Strategist will play a key role in helping the retirement team achieve their business goals by maximizing the commercial impact and business value of content.
- Responsible for developing and executing a clear, concise, compelling and comprehensive content strategy that integrates and aligns with the broader content strategies across our key B2B and B2C audiences (plan participants, plan sponsors, advisor/intermediary).
- Critical leader to take us through the build and run state for digital content overhaul for Voya’s key retirement web properties, in addition to retirement components of Voya.com.
- Represent the content team in cross-functional digital working groups, while closely partnering withContent team leads to understand and gather requirements and inputs.
- Use digital-first approach to the creation and scaling content across web properties.
- Understand the needs and personas of a more digitally adept audience and the type of content that will resonate most.
- Partner and manage the content work, aligning to overall business objectives as well as corporate brand messaging and reputation.
- Provide recommendations with clear business case and maintain ongoing budget needs to support predefined content deliverables.
- Conduct regular content audits of digital properties to identify key areas of success and optimization to inform content creation.
- Identify and recommend content for key programs and approve all content work, receiving regular feedback from internal stakeholders.
- Manage a timeline and roadmap for all content work for specific LOB partners to share progress and upcoming work.
- Provide perspective and assert a view point towards refined digitalexperiences and distribution into new channels such as syndication, social and search.
- Work under tight deadlines and be self-directed in prioritizing a diverse workload in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Partner with various internal stakeholders across client including legal and compliance to ensure proper rights and accuracy of our work.
- Implement best practices to develop efficiencies and scale content marketing programs in a mature, controlled fashion.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Understand digital analytics – i.e.: be able to analyze performance to determine optimization
- Familiarity with digital tools like Drupal
- Requires not only a deep background within digital content but also exceptional project management skills
- Ability to understand and consider the purpose, management, production, delivery, measurement and re-use of content, taking into consideration the long-term capabilities and priorities of the organization
- Excellent collaboration skills; comfortable working in a team structure within and across department.
- Bachelor's degree—ideally in journalism, communications, marketing, business, or a relevant field—or equivalent experience; MBA a plus
- Experience in financial services – specifically in private and public sector retirement plans and intermediary, plan sponsor and participant audiences
- 10+ years in Marketing or a related field
- Proven ability to prioritize and gracefully handle multiple projects
- Proven ability to develop and manage editorial calendars, with a short- and long-term view
- Experience conceiving and developing content – including big-picture series/projects—across platforms, for highly targeted audiences
- Proven ability to anticipate and mitigate risk