The Digital Content Strategist collaborates with other marketing teams to manage, maintain and inform a global editorial plan based on organizational priorities and relevant external events. Additionally, the Content Strategist will oversee content testing via paid digital and social media channels to inform content performance for various marketing objectives. S/he will create and facilitate strategy documents for global marketing campaigns and content series.
The Digital Content Strategist is responsible for creating the strategic content marketing for TNC's global digital and social media channels that drive awareness, engage stakeholders, influence action, and support revenue goals. As a Digital Content Strategist, s/he will help ideate, position, and package TNC's global content to our audiences in compelling, new ways. The Content Strategist is a creative thinker who welcomes the challenge of re-imagining how TNC can tell stories. S/he leverages data, research and campaign insights to inform creative direction for all global content to drive stronger results for our overall digital marketing efforts.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Leads the development of creative concepts and promotion plans based on stakeholder objectives, audience research, message development, action opportunities and web data.
- Produces creative briefs to align on overall objective, audience targets and intended actions. Communicates brief with relevant stakeholders and ensures adherence to overall creative direction
- Combines art and science to create compelling stories based on data and insights from our global marketing channels in combination with organizational priorities and a strong understanding of what resonates with target audiences.
- Structures and executes creative brainstorms to help drive overall digital and social media strategy for TNC's global marketing efforts
- Develops data-driven content strategies that account for specific audience behaviors and align with overall business and marketing goals.
- Conducts content audits, content gap analyses, intensive audience research and other content strategy discovery deliverables
- Works closely with UX, analytics and technical teams to coordinate digital and social media content needs for global campaigns
- Develops digital and social style guides, best practices and training for various digital marketing needs
- Develops cross-platform, relevant, timely, engaging narratives and content themes
- Continuously identifies new and innovative ways to tell TNC's story in compelling ways
- Designs, manages and implements multiple projects by coordinating the work of other professionals inside and outside the organization.
- Manages one or more professional staff and accountable for achievement of team business and professional development goals and objectives.
- Unpacks complex ideas into simple and intuitive stories for TNC's global marketing channels.
- Leads marketing initiatives through collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Assists with creation/administration of budget, evaluates results and develops corrective strategies, as needed.
- Responsibility and accountability for meeting strategic goals and objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in related field and a minimum of 8 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience supervising staff and teams.
- Experience cultivating and managing client relationships.
- Experience in project management, developing marketing strategies and measuring results.
- Inherent storyteller with an insatiable curiosity for human behavior
- Maintains a collaborative spirit who brings fresh ideas to complex business challenges
- Ability to clearly articulate innovative content solutions based on complex ideas and well-defined strategies
- Strong understanding of current social and digital media platforms and consumer behaviors.
- Advocate for a good creative brief
- Experience producing and managing paid social and digital media advertising
- Experience creating video content for digital and social media channels
- Experience creating content for international audiences
- Multi-lingual skills appreciated
- Proven experience creating engaging content that inspires action and meaningful conversation
- Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience preferred.
- Management experience that includes ability to lead, motivate, set objectives and manage performance and conflict resolution.
- Fosters an environment of creativity and professional growth.
- Excellent writing, presentation, communication, mediation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to persuasively convey the mission of The Nature Conservancy to diverse groups including donors, board members, and the public.
- Expert knowledge of current and evolving trends in relevant marketing disciplines. Cross disciplinary knowledge to support program objectives.
- Demonstrated ability in managing the fiduciary aspects of planning and delivery of budgets.