Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair!
We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WSTM-WSTQ-WTVH, in Syracuse, NY, is looking for someone to join its CNY Central News leadership team as a Digital Content Manager! We're looking for someone with sharp news judgment, excellent technical skills and the ability to work well independently. A standout candidate will have experience in demonstrating how to strategically showcase news content on all digital platforms, especially via Social Media. We’re also looking for someone committed to professional growth and interested in leading a talented team!
- Provide leadership and oversight to the digital content and social media producers
- Create and implement content strategies that deliver relevant content to our customers in engaging ways
- Drive new content initiatives and, working with station news management, supervise overall content strategy
- Close partnership with other News managers so as to create content and brand continuity between the on-air and online platforms
- Ensure accuracy of stories for all platforms
- Research, report and write original stories
- Create a strategy for daily coverage as well as long-term coverage goals
- Provide coaching to on-air staff about best practices on digital platforms
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience developing and growing audiences
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Self-motivating and able to work well with a diverse group of people
- Able to handle stress, including short deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work flexible hours
- BA/BS degree or equivalent (Degree in journalism or related field strongly preferred)
- At least three (3) years of experience in journalism or broadcasting
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Tracking Code 10935