Digital Content Manager
The Digital Content Manager will be responsible for developing strategic branded content for Checkout and other NPD solutions that positions NPD as a thought leader, engages key audiences, and ultimately generates business.
He or she will partner with the web content and social media team to provide a positive user experience for npd.com visitors, delivering content that will grow and convert NPD’s audience.
He or she will also collaborate with individuals throughout the organization, including the marketing and PR teams, industry experts, product, and commercial teams.
Content may include whitepapers, case studies, point-of-view articles, and other interactive content to be used across earned, owned, and paid media.
- Develop branded content that builds NPD’s audience of retailers and brands to make a measurable impact on business. This includes long-form content (e-books, whitepapers, articles), and may also include other formats like data visualizations, infographics, case studies, videos, etc.
- Serve as managing editor of company’s primary content platform, npd.com. This includes writing and editing page and meta copy (SEO), performing quality assurance site audits, partnering with marketing practice leads to ensure product and industry offerings are accurately reflected on npd.com, and consistently representing the NPD brand voice throughout the site.
- Partner with web team to find innovative ways to elevate site user experience, increase traffic, generate leads, and improve SEO visibility.
- Partner with social media manager to create high-impact social mediacampaigns to drive additional awareness and traffic.
- Introduce innovative content strategies that will showcase NPD’s value proposition and elevate the brand.
- 5+ years of successful marketing communications experience, with at least 3 concentrated in strategic content/web development, supported by strong portfolio of work.
- Excellent writer, with demonstrated success communicating a range of topics in various formats, including long- and short form. Experience writing for B2B strongly preferred.
- In this job you’ll be producing content about market research solutions, which means you must be comfortable interpreting technical data/research concepts into reader-friendly copy. A passion for market research/data a plus!
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization, effectively gathering and communicating information and ideas.
- Strong editing skills, attention to detail, and passion for grammar.
- Must be a proactive, organized, self-starter, fast learner and possess strong follow-thorough abilities.
- Must be able to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines and persevere despite setbacks.
- Ideal candidate would also have the ability to propose and produce new, relevant content. An interest in consumer behavior and retail trends will help!
- Strong background in SEOcopywriting and social mediapreferred.
- Experience with MS Office, content management systems, design software, and Google Analytics a plus.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.