No, our company is not a startup or creative agency. And yes, it is, in fact, 115year old. But don’t let our longevity fool you. We’re a leader in an industry that will change more in the next 10 years than in the previous 100. And with the Internet of Things, it’s not slowing down. In order to compete, we’ll need the best people with the brightest and most innovative ideas.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a Digital Content Creator to join our Global Internal Communications team – a team comprised of makers, creative storytellers and just all around badasses! You’ll help us attract, retain and engage the best employees in the world. Here’s how you’ll do it:
- Create high quality, engaging content. We need creative, original video content (i.e., video snippets, visual assets and more) for our social mediachannels, external website and employee campaigns that attracts, retains and engages potential talent, supports our brand and pushes us even farther.
- Partner and collaborate. No one can do this alone. So you’ll work with teams across our Talent Acquisition organization and Marketing to conceptualize and create compelling, thought-provoking video, photo and social media content for campaigns that will attract, retain, engage and inspire people.
- Share your insight on emerging content trends. What are you reading, watching or following that helps you stay up on the latest content trends? See something that’s never been done before? Show us. Have examples of things we should never ever do? Show us that too.
- Negotiate and navigate timelines and budgets. We all have to meet deadlines and manage expectations, and find that magic space between vision and reality.
Bottom line: We need someone passionate about storytelling and creating quality content. This job is part art, part science. You’re the first person in this role on our team so you need ambition, creativity – and must be resourceful.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or equivalent.
- 5years of experience producing content, as a content creator or video editor.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Proven design, motion graphics and video editing skills; experience in creative conception and origination
- Proficient in most of the Adobe Creative Suite
- A high level of attention to detail and an ability to multitask with fast turnaround time
- Ability to take an idea and turn it into engaging content. You must be able to create social media posts, video assets, GIFs, mini documentaries or any other type of compelling content that would catch someone’s attention.
- Operate in a fast-paced environment. No two days are the same and that means managing multiple high-level priorities. You’ll need good project management skills and be organized.
- Break down a complex idea into something simple to produce. Whether it’s a storyboard or an idea on a napkin – you have to explain what you’re thinking so we can all get onboard.
- Be resourceful, creative, flexible, enthusiastic and fun.
- Understand digitalchannels, including social media, podcasts and web. We’re learning from you.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Understanding and knowledge of social media platforms and their specifications
- Graphic design experience
- Consumer of digital/social content, and early adopter of trends with a passion for innovation