Primarily focus on the design, analysis, simulation, and system engineering of all types of communication systems, including space-based military and commercial systems and terrestrial wireless radio systems. Provides research development and engineering support within the communication systems engineering organization.
- Applies knowledge and experiences in carrying out tasks in digital communication systems under supervision and guidance. Contacts are primarily with immediate supervisor, project leaders, and/or other MTS professionals in the group.
- Performs analytical studies, conducts software simulations and hardware emulations, develops details of specifications, and prepares details of analytical report findings for all types of communication systems including spaced-based military and commercial systems and terrestrial wireless radio systems.
- Supports the evaluation of link performance in the presence of noise, fading, and jamming employing advanced channel coding and modulation techniques.
- Participates in development of program interfaces between hardware equipment; diagnoses both hardware and software simulation tool problems; designs improvements to simulation environments; develops and/or modifies programs for data reduction and analysis.
- Knowledge of digital communication theory, channel, waveform (modulation and coding), and signal processing.
- Knowledge of the end-to-end physical layer communication system concept.
- The ability to effectively present results in briefings and technical reports.
- Strong team participation concept and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Two years of hands on experience after Bachelor's degree OR a Master's degree.
- Ability to obtain Secret Level clearance (US Citizenship required).
- Experience with design, analysis, modeling, simulation, and performance evaluation in digital communications.
- Experience with channel modeling, acquisition, synchronization, AJ/AS techniques, and link budget assessment.
- Experience with the end-to-end physical layer simulations.
- Experience with the operation of hardware equipment and implementing communication algorithms in hardware.
- Master's degree in relevant field.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title: MTS-ASSOCIATE
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
Requisition ID: 34641