We are looking for Digital Circuit Design Engineer for our client in Conklin, NY
Job Title: Digital Circuit Design Engineer
Job Location: Conklin, NY
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Lead/participate in specification, design, analysis and development of electronic circuits for microprocessor and/or embedded firmware based devices.
- Participate in specification, design, analysis and development of electronic circuits for microprocessor and/or embedded firmware based devices.
- Evaluate design alternatives to create optimum system designs to maximize function& software reuse.
- Help prove design concepts through a combination of computer simulation and physical laboratory integration and testing.
- Develop digital electronics and support through the product development cycle.
Typical Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in related engineering discipline and 5+years work experience or equivalent experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of low voltage power supply design, digital electronics components, and circuit design principles and experience using design/analysis tools.
- Experience in design of embedded control systems using Microcontrollers (ARMs), DSPs (TI based architecture) and FPGAs
- Experience in design of electronic architectures using microprocessors and their peripherals such as oscillators, SDRAM/DDRAM controllers, SRAM, Flash, EEPROM, power management systems, watchdogs, RTCs, etc.
- Experience in design of embedded electronics involving low-level communications such as SPI, PCI, I2C, serial, parallel, etc.
- Solid understanding of good product design principles and standards, including those for hardware.
- Hands-on hardware build, test, and integration experience. Motivated self-starter with the ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability, along with follow-up and monitoring skills.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Experience in design of electronics involving communication protocols such as EtherNet/IP, DeviceNet, USB, CAN, RS-232, SPI, I2C etc.
- Working Knowledge of FPGA design using Xilinx, Altera, etc.
- Cadence design tools such as Orcad and Allegro.